Wind direction offset

  • Paulo Bezerra
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 7, 2006
      Wind direction offset

      Hi,

      Exists the possibility to add in the WUHU the option wind direction
      offset in degrees?
      The house to the side of mine constructed a building of two floors.
      Hindering my anemometer to register south winds.

      I live in the south of Brazil.
      My weather station (La Crosse 2310) link:
      http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=ISANTACA4

      Tanks!!

      Paulo Bezerra
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 8, 2006
        Paulo,

        I was considering adding a field for being able to adjust the wind
        direction readings to compensate for magnetic declination from truth
        North howerver I am not sure how an offset would work to correct your
        situation.

        How would the offset improve your situation?

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Paulo Bezerra"

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 8, 2006
          Truth North == True North.

          > Paulo,
          >
          > I was considering adding a field for being able to adjust the wind
          > direction readings to compensate for magnetic declination from
          truth
          > North howerver I am not sure how an offset would work to correct
          your
          > situation.
          >
          > How would the offset improve your situation?
          >

          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Paulo Bezerra"
          > <paulofloripa2003@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Wind direction offset
          > >

          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > Exists the possibility to add in the WUHU the option wind
          direction
          > > offset in degrees?
          > > The house to the side of mine constructed a building of two
          floors.
          > > Hindering my anemometer to register south winds.
          > >
          > > I live in the south of Brazil.
          > > My weather station (La Crosse 2310) link:
          > > http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?
          > ID=ISANTACA4
          > >
          > > Tanks!!
          > >

          > > Paulo Bezerra

        • Paulo Bezerra
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 9, 2006
            Hi,

            Whenever winds of south and southwest occur they are barred by the
            building to the side of my house.
            The winds enter as if he was of West, the Northwest or North, making
            with that my anemometer to register winds of west, the northwest and
            north whenever winds of south or southwest in the region occur.
            This week my region registered strong winds of south and my anemometer
            registered wrong winds completely.

            When winds Southeastern, east, northeast, north, the northwest, west
            occur they are registered correctly for my anemometer.
            The problem occurs when winds of south and southwest arrive.

            Most of the time the shunting line is of 90 degrees.

            I used weather display for a time where it was possible to deviate the
            direction of the wind for - or for + 90 degrees or more. But weather
            display very is weighed my to computer, therefore it consumes much
            memory and cpu.

            When I discovered the WUHU I left that to use to weather display, for
            to be one software light and more efficient for my station.

            Tanks!!