Wind direction offset

  • Paulo Bezerra
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 7, 2006
      Hi,

      Exists the possibility to add in the WUHU the option wind direction
      offset in degrees?
      The house to the side of mine constructed a building of two floors.
      Hindering my anemometer to register south winds.

      I live in the south of Brazil.
      My weather station (La Crosse 2310) link:
      http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=ISANTACA4

      Tanks!!

      Paulo Bezerra
    • Paulo Bezerra

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 8, 2006
          Paulo,

          I was considering adding a field for being able to adjust the wind
          direction readings to compensate for magnetic declination from truth
          North howerver I am not sure how an offset would work to correct your
          situation.

          How would the offset improve your situation?

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Paulo Bezerra"

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 8, 2006
            Truth North == True North.

            > Paulo,
            >
            > I was considering adding a field for being able to adjust the wind
            > direction readings to compensate for magnetic declination from
            truth
            > North howerver I am not sure how an offset would work to correct
            your
            > situation.
            >
            > How would the offset improve your situation?
            >

            > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Paulo Bezerra"
            > <paulofloripa2003@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Wind direction offset
            > >

            > > Hi,
            > >
            > > Exists the possibility to add in the WUHU the option wind
            direction
            > > offset in degrees?
            > > The house to the side of mine constructed a building of two
            floors.
            > > Hindering my anemometer to register south winds.
            > >
            > > I live in the south of Brazil.
            > > My weather station (La Crosse 2310) link:
            > > http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?
            > ID=ISANTACA4
            > >
            > > Tanks!!
            > >

            > > Paulo Bezerra

          • Paulo Bezerra
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 9, 2006
              Hi,

              Whenever winds of south and southwest occur they are barred by the
              building to the side of my house.
              The winds enter as if he was of West, the Northwest or North, making
              with that my anemometer to register winds of west, the northwest and
              north whenever winds of south or southwest in the region occur.
              This week my region registered strong winds of south and my anemometer
              registered wrong winds completely.

              When winds Southeastern, east, northeast, north, the northwest, west
              occur they are registered correctly for my anemometer.
              The problem occurs when winds of south and southwest arrive.

              Most of the time the shunting line is of 90 degrees.

              I used weather display for a time where it was possible to deviate the
              direction of the wind for - or for + 90 degrees or more. But weather
              display very is weighed my to computer, therefore it consumes much
              memory and cpu.

              When I discovered the WUHU I left that to use to weather display, for
              to be one software light and more efficient for my station.

              Tanks!!