NWS Audiostream Project

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 7, 2006

      I have copied an e-mail from WU in regards to the NWS Audiostream Project that many of us are participating in.

      If you are broadcasting now and did not get the e-mail or if you have been considering broadcasting please read below:

      Steve

      <<Hello,

      My name's Aaron Cowdin, and I'm a developer for the Weather Underground. Currently all of you receiving this email are either rebroadcasting NOAA's weather radio stations to our site or have expressed interest in doing so. If that's not the case please let me know and I'll remove your name from the email.

      I'm currently devoting a large portion of my time to this project and I will be needing all of your help debugging our applications/etc. as we start to go live. First of all, sorry for the excessive amount of time it has taken to get from first tests to now beta testing the concept, but thanks for providing us with this data, and thanks for your patience as we cleared out some other more pressing development projects. We're really excited about this, as there are no online nationwide radio stream networks like the one we envision. To quote my office mates, this is "wicked cool".

      Right now, I'd like you all to step through the sign up process. This is the page/process that you would handle after you've started broadcasting, which most of you have. I'm not going to give any instructions, as I want to see what is confusing about the page/process itself. Problems that you experience with it, confusing bits of it, can be sent to me at this email address. The more description you can afford to send, the easier it will be for me to rectify the situation.

      The sign up page is located here:
      http://www.wunderground.com/wxradio/signup.html

      One note, don't worry if that sign up page says your station is inactive. I'm not monitoring the stations directly yet. Just try to get through the sign up process.

      We very much appreciate all of your efforts and patience, and we're looking forward to building a very comprehensive rebroadcast system here at the Weather Underground

      Thanks,

      Aaron Cowdin
      Developer
      Weather Underground

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 24, 2006
        I was just at the WU NWS Audiostream page and counted 22 stations
        broadcasting.

        The newwork is growing !!!