New to the group

  • Paula
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 6, 2006
      Hi,

      I just received teh LaCrosse WS-2317 (Sam's Club special - similar
      to the WS-2315) for Christmas. I'm still learning how to work with the
      software (Heavy Weather beta 2.0).
      I noticed yesterday, that when I view the history (on the software)
      it's a day fast, yet my weather station and my computer are all set
      correctly. Has anyone else experienced this? How would I fix it? Or
      is my software in a time warp?

      Still learning!
      Paula in Albuquerque, NM
      KE5DDZ
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 6, 2006
        Did you set your timezone at Weather Underground?

        Just a thought.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Paula" <ke5ddz@a...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I just received teh LaCrosse WS-2317 (Sam's Club special - similar
        > to the WS-2315) for Christmas. I'm still learning how to work with
        the
        > software (Heavy Weather beta 2.0).
        > I noticed yesterday, that when I view the history (on the
        software)
        > it's a day fast, yet my weather station and my computer are all set
        > correctly. Has anyone else experienced this? How would I fix it? Or
        > is my software in a time warp?
        >
        > Still learning!
        > Paula in Albuquerque, NM
        > KE5DDZ

      • shiverkc
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 6, 2006
          I got the same weather station over Christmas as well. I am
          experiencing the same problem when I view the history via the Heavy
          Weather Software. However, I noticed that when I export the text
          file the time stamps are correct. It does not affect the publisher
          software.

          Kenneth

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 6, 2006
            Oops, missed the (on the software)...

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "shiverkc"
            <kcshiver@i...> wrote:

            > I got the same weather station over Christmas as well. I am
            > experiencing the same problem when I view the history via the Heavy
            > Weather Software. However, I noticed that when I export the text
            > file the time stamps are correct. It does not affect the publisher
            > software.
            >
            > Kenneth
            >

            > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Paula" <ke5ddz@a...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi,
            > >
            > > I just received teh LaCrosse WS-2317 (Sam's Club special -
            > similar
            > > to the WS-2315) for Christmas. I'm still learning how to work
            > with the
            > > software (Heavy Weather beta 2.0).
            > > I noticed yesterday, that when I view the history (on the
            > software)
            > > it's a day fast, yet my weather station and my computer are all
            > set
            > > correctly. Has anyone else experienced this? How would I fix
            it?
            > Or
            > > is my software in a time warp?
            > >
            > > Still learning!
            > > Paula in Albuquerque, NM
            > > KE5DDZ

          • joedzz12345
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 6, 2006
              Hello Albuquerque, I just got a WS-2310 and noticed the same problem.
              I installed the Heavy Weather program off of the CD. I decided to
              "uninstall" that program, and download
              "Heavyweather2beta_setup_us.exe" from this group's website:

              http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/

              With this installation of Heavy Weather I get the correct date.
              Additionally, the WUHU program is uploading perfectly to Weather
              Underground.

              http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KNMALBUQ30

              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Paula" <ke5ddz@a...> wrote:

              > Hi,
              >
              > I just received teh LaCrosse WS-2317 (Sam's Club special - similar
              > to the WS-2315) for Christmas. I'm still learning how to work with the
              > software (Heavy Weather beta 2.0).
              > I noticed yesterday, that when I view the history (on the software)
              > it's a day fast, yet my weather station and my computer are all set
              > correctly. Has anyone else experienced this? How would I fix it? Or
              > is my software in a time warp?
              >
              > Still learning!
              > Paula in Albuquerque, NM
              > KE5DDZ

            • William Shaughnessy
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 8, 2006
                I believe your history files are probably like mine with the WS2310 station. All history data is recorded in Zulu time or GMT. So my local EST is five hours behind ZULU. If Albuquerque is on Mountain Time, ZULU time is 7 hours ahead of you. So your temperature of 2:00pm local time will be recorded as 9:00 pm on your historical data.

                Bill

                wuhu_software <wuhu_software@...> wrote:

                Did you set your timezone at Weather Underground?

                Just a thought.

                --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Paula" <ke5ddz@a...> wrote:

                > Hi,
                >
                >    I just received teh LaCrosse WS-2317 (Sam's Club special - similar
                > to the WS-2315) for Christmas.  I'm still learning how to work with
                the
                > software (Heavy Weather beta 2.0).
                >    I noticed yesterday, that when I view the history (on the
                software)
                > it's a day fast, yet my weather station and my computer are all set
                > correctly.  Has anyone else experienced this? How would I fix it?  Or
                > is my software in a time warp?
                >
                >    Still learning!
                > Paula in Albuquerque, NM
                > KE5DDZ

              • letitsnow824
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 12, 2006
                  I noticed the same thing...but it wasn't quite a day, it is 5 hours.
                  What's weird is that the heavyweather history lists the readings with
                  the correct time...its only when I use publisher. Don't know hoe ti
                  fix it yet...
                • Paula
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 19, 2006
                    Thanks, I'll have to double check that. But from what I remember
                    (I'm at work now, the set up is a home) the software was showing a
                    full 24 hours ahead... the right local time, just the next day. And
                    I haven't even had it connetcted to the Internet yet (to answer the
                    other, earlier question/suggestion that was posed).
                    But I will double check the GMT situation... I have one of my clocks
                    in that room set to GMT (in a 24 hour format), so that will be easy
                    to check.
                    Thanks!
                    ~Paula
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                    --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, William Shaughnessy
                    <wjshaughnessy@s...> wrote:

                    > I believe your history files are probably like mine with the WS2310
                    station. All history data is recorded in Zulu time or GMT. So my
                    local EST is five hours behind ZULU. If Albuquerque is on Mountain
                    Time, ZULU time is 7 hours ahead of you. So your temperature of
                    2:00pm local time will be recorded as 9:00 pm on your historical data.

                    > Bill
                    >

                    > wuhu_software <wuhu_software@y...> wrote:
                    >
                    > Did you set your timezone at Weather Underground?
                    >
                    > Just a thought.
                    >
                    > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Paula" <ke5ddz@a...>
                    wrote:

                    > > Hi,
                    > >
                    > > I just received teh LaCrosse WS-2317 (Sam's Club special -
                    similar
                    > > to the WS-2315) for Christmas. I'm still learning how to work
                    with
                    > the
                    > > software (Heavy Weather beta 2.0).
                    > > I noticed yesterday, that when I view the history (on the
                    > software)
                    > > it's a day fast, yet my weather station and my computer are all
                    set
                    > > correctly. Has anyone else experienced this? How would I fix
                    it? Or
                    > > is my software in a time warp?
                    > >
                    > > Still learning!
                    > > Paula in Albuquerque, NM
                    > > KE5DDZ

                    > Weather underground Personal weather station Weather
                    stations Standard edition

                    Service.

                    > ---------------------------------

                  • Paula
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 19, 2006
                      Oh that is so good to know!! Thank you. I haven't had time to get
                      that far yet. But in time, I will, so that is great to hear.
                      Thanks for the info!
                      ~Paula
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~

                      <kcshiver@i...> wrote:

                      > I got the same weather station over Christmas as well. I am
                      > experiencing the same problem when I view the history via the Heavy
                      > Weather Software. However, I noticed that when I export the text
                      > file the time stamps are correct. It does not affect the publisher
                      > software.
                      >
                      > Kenneth
                      >

                      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Paula" <ke5ddz@a...>
                      > wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Hi,
                      > >
                      > > I just received teh LaCrosse WS-2317 (Sam's Club special -
                      > similar
                      > > to the WS-2315) for Christmas. I'm still learning how to work
                      > with the
                      > > software (Heavy Weather beta 2.0).
                      > > I noticed yesterday, that when I view the history (on the
                      > software)
                      > > it's a day fast, yet my weather station and my computer are all
                      > set
                      > > correctly. Has anyone else experienced this? How would I fix
                      it?
                      > Or
                      > > is my software in a time warp?
                      > >
                      > > Still learning!
                      > > Paula in Albuquerque, NM
                      > > KE5DDZ

                    • Paula
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 19, 2006
                        Ah... More excellent advice! Thanks!!! I appreciate your input so
                        much. Hey... we have a local weatherman named Joe Diaz... sounds
                        related to your screen name - Any connection? Just wondering.
                        Thanks a bunch... I'll try your suggestion.

                        ~Paula

                        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "joedzz12345"