Re: Rain multiplier

  • utahweatherbear
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 6, 2006
      WUHU...I kind of dig the way he's thinking. I've never liked the fact
      that the rain gage on my 3610 only clicks every .02 inches. It would
      be nice to have a feature say, where you could double the opening
      into the rain gage, causing the gage to click when it thought .02
      inches had fallen, when in fact only .01 had in real time. Then,
      there would be an option somewhere in wuhu where you could multiply
      the amounts by half, ie the gage would click at twice the rate it
      does now, but the software would compensate, allowing for more
      accurate readings. Not sure if this would even work though. :-)

      Dan

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 6, 2006
        I would be concerned that the buckets would fill too fast and you
        could get inaccurate readings by the water spilling over each bucket.
        I know when I have been checking my bucket by pouring water in it
        from a glass has caused that problem if poured in too fast.

        Steve
      • utahweatherbear
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 7, 2006
          Yeah, that would be a concern for some. Though here in Utah it would be
          rare for it to rain that hard. However, I'm thinking that besides
          doubling the area, I would also at least double the height to avoid
          such a scenario. Still would be a nice click on option to have,
          something you could turn off if it's not working.

          Dan

          <steve_03222@...> wrote:

          > I would be concerned that the buckets would fill too fast and you
          > could get inaccurate readings by the water spilling over each bucket.
          > I know when I have been checking my bucket by pouring water in it
          > from a glass has caused that problem if poured in too fast.
          >

          > Steve

        • fikkaud
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 9, 2006
            WUHU
            Any comments on this post??
            Audun
            http://vindkast.com

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 9, 2006
              fikkaud,

              I will consider what modifications would be needed to create a tweak
              for the rain sensor.

              Right now, I do not have a station to test with so I am reluctant to
              make any changes right now as it is impossible for me to debug it if
              needed.

              Will let you know when I can address that and other enhancement
              requests.