Re: Need help with tweak data feature

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 5, 2006
      Hello Miguel,

      From what you have given, I would say that your temperature is
      roughly a couple of degrees cooler than the analysis temperature.

      The way I roughly calculate the tweak is to calculate a percentage.

      Degree Offset / Average Temperature

      So lets say you want to increase by 2 degrees and the average is 70.

      2 / 70 = 0.0286

      Then, add 1 to that value,

      1.0286

      Enter that value in the temperature tweak setting and check it in a
      couple of days.

      You can never really eliminate the error, the best you can hope for
      is a happy medium.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "w4mod" <w4mod@y...>
      wrote:

      > ok, this is my problem, on the report that I get every night this
      > comes up:
      >
      > 24 hours Day time Night time
      > Average temperature error -2.8 °F -4.2 °F -1.9 °F
      > Error standard deviation 1.9 °F 2.1 °F 1.1 °F
      > Worst average temperature error -4.8 °F -6.5 °F -2.7 °F
      > Worst standard deviation 3.6 °F 2.3 °F 1.8 °F
      >

      > NOTE: If the error above is POSITIVE, then it means that the
      > analysis temperature is HIGHER than the reported temperature. This
      > means that your sensor is reading COLDER than expected.
      >

      > So, I want to correct that, everything else is working good, but
      the
      > actual temperature,, how much should I tweak the data??
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Miguel, w4mod

    • w4mod
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 5, 2006
        I will try that and see what happens,,,
        I got everything else working good ... so hopefully this will work
        out and I go from there.

        Thanks

        Miguel, w4mod