Re: current version 98 compatible

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 14, 2006
      Thanks for the update. Which version of 98 are you using? 98, 98
      Second Edition, or ME?

      As far as Excel goes, as you know, you are limited to 65535 lines. If
      you CSV file contains more lines than that, you will be unable to
      display the newer data in Excel.

      One way to get around this is to break up the text file in to smaller
      pieces (65535 lines or less). You will need a text editor that can
      show you the line number your cursor is on. You would then copy and
      paste sections of the larger csv file in to smaller ones that Excel
      can handle.

      Since you are using direct serial mode in WUHU, I am assuming that
      the history file you are talking about is the Pro compatible one
      output by WUHU.

      If you using the HistoryToCSV program to convert this file, the date
      is in the form of raw binary. At the time, I was not sure about the
      format of this column data so I just dumped the raw data. It may be
      possible to modify this application to change it to a proper date
      time although I would have to go back and look at it.

      Is there a reason that you are now viewing and graphing your data
      with Heavyweather Pro? Pro is able to handle large amounts of data.
      It can also export your history.dat file to a CSV file.

      If you do use Pro to export, you only need to worry about breaking up
      the file in to smaller ones in order to import in to Excel.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "phantomodopera"