La Crosse WS2310TWC

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 4, 2006
      Hello everyone. I am a new member and new owner of the 2310.
      Installation hint...make sure you have the polarity of the batteries
      in the thermo-hygro sensor correct or you WILL spend half a day
      trying to figure out why the wireless connection doesn't work.
      Anyway...just wondering what might be the best way to tell if the
      readings I am getting are accurate or not. Is there a website with
      highly accurate readings for a given area somewhere? I would compare
      mine to the local (Saint Charles, MO) TV channels, but they are in
      downtown St. Louis and are going to be quite different than mine. At
      this point, I would have to assume that mine are reasonably
      accurate...or am I assuming something that I should not? I'm not
      sure what everyone's opinion of this weather station is...would
      certainly like to hear some. I followed the installation tips in the
      manual for locating the thermo-hygro sensor (attached it to the
      least sunny side of a pergola timber column....sees very little
      sunlight...mostly in the morning...and is basically under the eave
      of the house).
      Anyway...any guidance/tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks,

      Mike Knapp
    • M S
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 4, 2006
        Mike

        I also have a 2310.  Mine has been very accurate.  I suggest you go to my website, www.2MLA.com   and click on the google option.  Then enter your zip code in the middle right hand search box that says  " select a city".

        That will show you all the stations near you.  If you click on them, it will show their current report.

        Another option is to click on my websites red UPDATE bar, and enter your zip code, then scroll down to see all the stations that report from your area.  Note the report times at the far right.

        ...MARK...

        Mike <golfing18@...> wrote:
[...]

        Reply to:  Mark@...

        Yahoo! Photos

      • Tom Gunter
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 5, 2006
          Anything here close to you?

          http://www.wunderground.com/stationmaps/gmap.asp?zip=63301&wmo=99999

          On 1/4/06, Mike <golfing18@...> wrote:
[...]

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        • Charles M. Owen
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 5, 2006

            I just got that one too. Are you enrolled in the CWOP? I am just now starting to get an automated Quality Check that compares to other local stations started. I don’t yet have a handle on the QC summary e-mail totally yet, but the graphs are good…

            http://weather.gladstonefamily.net/cgi-bin/wxsite.pl?site=c4870

            http://www.wunderground.com/stationmaps/gmap.asp?zip=37354&magic=1&wmo=99999

            BTW, I am envious of all the stations around your big cities.

[...]

            §          Visit your group "wuhu_software_group" on the web.

            §          To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

            §          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

          • Mike Knapp
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 5, 2006
              So far...all I've joined is this group. Figured I'd start here and see where cyberspace takes me. I'll check out your link tonight.
              I've been to the wunderground site and was impressed with the quantity of stations in my area. There is one in Harvester which is where I actually live. From what I can tell, our results don't match up too well. But, it is quite hilly in Harvester (along the bluffs down to the MO River) so our differences may be a result of that....I dunno. I may try to contact that person and see exactly where he/she lives and go from there.
              Thanks for the input.

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 5, 2006

                I have been up only about two weeks. If your are using wuhu with heavy weather it is easy to join CWOP. Check out the website at http://www.wxqa.com/ for more info.

                I guessed you are close to these CWOP stations near St Louis

                http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=N0PTN-1&last=72

                http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=CW0099&last=72

                David Helms is one of the contacts with CWOP

                http://mywebpages.comcast.net/dshelms/cwop.html

                Charles