Re: current version 98 compatible

  • phantomodopera
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 12, 2006
      ok- my fault- I added a generic printer reinstalled the newest update,
      and its working- and yes its on Win 98- Direct Serial. ( the worst
      part is on this old machine, WUHU screen is too big to fit the window,
      and it doesnt shrink/stretch so I have to drag the screen - but the
      old version was the same, so thats ok)

      Next question, and I know it has been adressed before, but I couldnt
      find it, After i convert the history.dat to CSV, how do I format the
      date column in to a readable Date/time?
      And are there Column headers? My History file is too big, so its only
      including headers or the newest data.

      Thanks

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 14, 2006
        Thanks for the update. Which version of 98 are you using? 98, 98
        Second Edition, or ME?

        As far as Excel goes, as you know, you are limited to 65535 lines. If
        you CSV file contains more lines than that, you will be unable to
        display the newer data in Excel.

        One way to get around this is to break up the text file in to smaller
        pieces (65535 lines or less). You will need a text editor that can
        show you the line number your cursor is on. You would then copy and
        paste sections of the larger csv file in to smaller ones that Excel
        can handle.

        Since you are using direct serial mode in WUHU, I am assuming that
        the history file you are talking about is the Pro compatible one
        output by WUHU.

        If you using the HistoryToCSV program to convert this file, the date
        is in the form of raw binary. At the time, I was not sure about the
        format of this column data so I just dumped the raw data. It may be
        possible to modify this application to change it to a proper date
        time although I would have to go back and look at it.

        Is there a reason that you are now viewing and graphing your data
        with Heavyweather Pro? Pro is able to handle large amounts of data.
        It can also export your history.dat file to a CSV file.

        If you do use Pro to export, you only need to worry about breaking up
        the file in to smaller ones in order to import in to Excel.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "phantomodopera"