Need help with tweak data feature

  • w4mod
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2006
      ok, this is my problem, on the report that I get every night this
      comes up:

      24 hours Day time Night time
      Average temperature error -2.8 °F -4.2 °F -1.9 °F
      Error standard deviation 1.9 °F 2.1 °F 1.1 °F
      Worst average temperature error -4.8 °F -6.5 °F -2.7 °F
      Worst standard deviation 3.6 °F 2.3 °F 1.8 °F

      NOTE: If the error above is POSITIVE, then it means that the
      analysis temperature is HIGHER than the reported temperature. This
      means that your sensor is reading COLDER than expected.

      So, I want to correct that, everything else is working good, but the
      actual temperature,, how much should I tweak the data??

      Thanks

      Miguel, w4mod
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 5, 2006
        Hello Miguel,

        From what you have given, I would say that your temperature is
        roughly a couple of degrees cooler than the analysis temperature.

        The way I roughly calculate the tweak is to calculate a percentage.

        Degree Offset / Average Temperature

        So lets say you want to increase by 2 degrees and the average is 70.

        2 / 70 = 0.0286

        Then, add 1 to that value,

        1.0286

        Enter that value in the temperature tweak setting and check it in a
        couple of days.

        You can never really eliminate the error, the best you can hope for
        is a happy medium.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "w4mod" <w4mod@y...>
        wrote:

        > ok, this is my problem, on the report that I get every night this
        > comes up:
        >
        > 24 hours Day time Night time
        > Average temperature error -2.8 °F -4.2 °F -1.9 °F
        > Error standard deviation 1.9 °F 2.1 °F 1.1 °F
        > Worst average temperature error -4.8 °F -6.5 °F -2.7 °F
        > Worst standard deviation 3.6 °F 2.3 °F 1.8 °F
        >

        > NOTE: If the error above is POSITIVE, then it means that the
        > analysis temperature is HIGHER than the reported temperature. This
        > means that your sensor is reading COLDER than expected.
        >

        > So, I want to correct that, everything else is working good, but
        the
        > actual temperature,, how much should I tweak the data??
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Miguel, w4mod

      • w4mod
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 5, 2006
          I will try that and see what happens,,,
          I got everything else working good ... so hopefully this will work
          out and I go from there.

          Thanks

          Miguel, w4mod