More graphics and gauges

  • hwy9_weather
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 8, 2006
      I have looked at and test drove some of the others, VWS, Weather
      Display.
      They have pretty graphics, but they lack the most important thing for
      a Lacrosse owner, Tweaking. I must say, they have some offsets, but
      the tweak on WUHU is not duplicated anywhere, and as I look at my data
      since I began tweaking the humidity, I have been near dead on with
      MADIS. I could only ask that maybe at sometime you would add monthly
      report capability and some more gauges. Even if that doesn't become a
      reality, this software still is the most reliable. I have said it
      before, we are all grateful for the software you have written.
      Thanks again
      Steve
    • schaka1
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 9, 2006
        Let me add an "Amen" to that! I've tried the rest but WUHU is still
        the best for my Lacrosse system! KUDOS!
        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "hwy9_weather"

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 10, 2006
          Thanks for the compliments.

          As far as the gauges go, I am currently talking with another software
          developer who might make a generic freeware gauge application that
          would be compatible with WUHU (and other PWS software packages). I
          have seen a demo of his wind rose application and it is impressive. I
          have not seen anything out there in the PWS market that would even
          compare with it.

          I have no idea how long it will be until this application is
          completed but hopefully it will not be too far in the distant future
          (month or two perhaps?).

          As I receive updates on the project, I will let you know.

          After I purchase a new console, I will take a look at added some
          monthly stats to the program.

          Is there some statistical data you want to see that is not available
          at WU? It seems pretty complete to me.

          Thanks.

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "schaka1" <blkguy@...>
          wrote:

          > Let me add an "Amen" to that! I've tried the rest but WUHU is still
          > the best for my Lacrosse system! KUDOS!
          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "hwy9_weather"
          > <akers305@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I have looked at and test drove some of the others, VWS, Weather
          > > Display.
          > > They have pretty graphics, but they lack the most important thing
          for
          > > a Lacrosse owner, Tweaking. I must say, they have some offsets,
          but
          > > the tweak on WUHU is not duplicated anywhere, and as I look at my
          > data
          > > since I began tweaking the humidity, I have been near dead on
          with
          > > MADIS. I could only ask that maybe at sometime you would add
          monthly
          > > report capability and some more gauges. Even if that doesn't
          become a
          > > reality, this software still is the most reliable. I have said it
          > > before, we are all grateful for the software you have written.
          > > Thanks again
          > > Steve

        • DKee
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 10, 2006
            I have a different question/suggestion for future versions . . . would it be possible to make the screens sizeable? I've had to increase my font size to 125% (I think) due to these aging eyes. Now the screens open larger than the monitor which is OK since I can move them back and forth to get to what I'm needing. But I thought I'd throw in another suggestion. Strictly cosmetic, as I cannot think of anything else you haven't already done or plan to do. And certainly not something that should be on the front burner.

            Thank you, thank you, thank you!  :-)

            ~ Deborah

            wrote:

            > Let me add an "Amen" to that! I've tried the rest but WUHU is still
            > the best for my Lacrosse system! KUDOS!
            > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "hwy9_weather"
            > <akers305@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I have looked at and test drove some of the others, VWS, Weather
            > > Display.
            > > They have pretty graphics, but they lack the most important thing
            for
            > > a Lacrosse owner, Tweaking. I must say, they have some offsets,
            but
            > > the tweak on WUHU is not duplicated anywhere, and as I look at my
            > data
            > > since I began tweaking the humidity, I have been near dead on
            with
            > > MADIS. I could only ask that maybe at sometime you would add
            monthly
            > > report capability and some more gauges. Even if that doesn't
            become a
            > > reality, this software still is the most reliable. I have said it
            > > before, we are all grateful for the software you have written.
            > > Thanks again
            > > Steve

          • Jim Kelleher
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 10, 2006
              WUHU;

              Most of the viewing of my data (95%) is done 'on the
              road' using a browser and WU. I also upload and look
              at the data at wxqa(CWOP) and AWEKAS. By far, the most
              comfortable navigating is thru the WU site, although
              the other sites are always available. None of this
              would be possible without the fantastic software you
              have provided. Tinker to your hearts content with the
              local interface, but please keep us mobile users
              synched up to the WWW.

              Thanks again!

              Jim

              http://mail.yahoo.com