WUHU 1.0.11 - Attempt to mask erroneous wind speed readings.

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2005
      I have attempted to mask the bogus wind speed readings. These
      readings happen due to poor cabling. If you want to fix your cabling,
      see "Kenneth Lavrsen's WS2300 Wind Sensor Modification " in the links
      section.

      In order to mask the problem, I implemented the following algorithm:

      If a wind speed of over 57 MPH is detected, and the average windspeed
      over the past 10 minutes is < 10 MPH, ignore the reading and use the
      last sample.

      It should be extremely rare for a real 57 MPH wind speed to be
      detected during a period of low wind speed (unless the eye wall of a
      hurricane is passing overhead in which case a bad wind speed reading
      is probably the least of your worries).

      I know this method is not perfect, but it should mask most of the
      bogus wind speed readings.

      If you have any suggestions how this might be improved, let me know.