Re: OK I screwed up

  • tradewinds63
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 4, 2006
      I just looked through the history files, not much in them, so I would
      just try executing the uninstall within the Heavy Weather folder and
      then delete the remander of the folder located on drive C and that
      should do it. I just uninstalled Heavy weather from my laptop and
      used that method, the difference being, I had Heavy Weather publisher
      and the other Heavy Weather program, so they were the ones within
      the "uninstall" folder with the "history files". The uninstaller for
      heavy weather is right inside the heavy weather folder, if it doesn't
      work for you, I would just delete the whole Heavy Weather folder from
      drive C.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "tradewinds63"
      <tradewinds63@...> wrote:

      > Boy, I sure messed up that last reply. Was on the phone talking and
      > messing up my reply.
      > So, the uninstaller under start – all programs – heavy weather;
      > freezes up and nothing appears under add/remove programs.
      > Go to "My Computer" and select Drive C. A folder named Heavy
      Weather
      > should be located there. Within the folder is another folder called
      > uninstall, the history files as to what was loaded and where are
      > located there. You can open the history files with Note Pad or Word
      > Pad and peruse the information between the encrypted data blocks.
      > Locate all the files listed within the history files and delete
      them
      > manually, then delete the entire Heavy Weather folder and its
      > contents to the trash.
      >
      > Hope that clears things up for you.
      >
      > Mike
      >
      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "archangel_cpj"
      > <archangel_cpj@> wrote:
      > >
      > > must have I messed up Heavy weather and it wont work I want to re
      > > install but the unistaller comes up unresponsive when I try and
      > > freezes up the program doesnt appear on ad / remove programs so
      how
      > do
      > > I pull it off and reinstall. also If I try to over write I get
      > the
      > > last frame aND it freezes any help is appreciated

    • archangel_cpj
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 4, 2006
        --- OK heavy weather is gone NOW for WUHU I try add / remove and it
        says wuhu.exe is in use but I see it nowhere in use Ive disabled its
        com port. how do I shut her down if its in use and not even
        appearing on the windows task manager.

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 4, 2006
          If the program is not running in the task mamanger process list, it
          is definitely not running.

          Try rebooting, close WUHU after it starts up, then try again.

          You should not need to un-install WUHU, but I would backup your
          WUHU .Ini file before you remove the directories.

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 4, 2006
            ---Same deal doesnt say its running in task manager thats what is
            perplexing me????? How can that be????? really driving me nuts
            gota be a hiccup somewhere.

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 4, 2006
              ---
              The little sun with the H isnt on the tool bar either

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 5, 2006
                Sounds as if your system is having some issues, viral or something...
                LOL
                Just shut er down and reboot your system and tap on F8 just after the
                bios checksum until you see a Boot select menue appear. Check safe
                mode and go Kill the pesky program.

                I could direct you to a stealthy program that even mounts NTFS
                without as much as a hickup in editing power, should safe mode not do
                the trick. You can pull files off any computer if you get this disk
                in the CD drive and booter-up, mega power!

                In the meanwhile, safe mode should do the trick for you, happy
                hunting.