OK I screwed up

  • archangel_cpj
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 4, 2006
      must have I messed up Heavy weather and it wont work I want to re
      install but the unistaller comes up unresponsive when I try and
      freezes up the program doesnt appear on ad / remove programs so how do
      I pull it off and reinstall. also If I try to over write I get to the
      last frame aND it freezes any help is appreciated
    • tradewinds63
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 4, 2006
        Boy, I sure messed up that last reply. Was on the phone talking and
        messing up my reply.
        So, the uninstaller under start – all programs – heavy weather;
        freezes up and nothing appears under add/remove programs.
        Go to "My Computer" and select Drive C. A folder named Heavy Weather
        should be located there. Within the folder is another folder called
        uninstall, the history files as to what was loaded and where are
        located there. You can open the history files with Note Pad or Word
        Pad and peruse the information between the encrypted data blocks.
        Locate all the files listed within the history files and delete them
        manually, then delete the entire Heavy Weather folder and its
        contents to the trash.

        Hope that clears things up for you.

        Mike

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "archangel_cpj"

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 4, 2006
          I just looked through the history files, not much in them, so I would
          just try executing the uninstall within the Heavy Weather folder and
          then delete the remander of the folder located on drive C and that
          should do it. I just uninstalled Heavy weather from my laptop and
          used that method, the difference being, I had Heavy Weather publisher
          and the other Heavy Weather program, so they were the ones within
          the "uninstall" folder with the "history files". The uninstaller for
          heavy weather is right inside the heavy weather folder, if it doesn't
          work for you, I would just delete the whole Heavy Weather folder from
          drive C.

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "tradewinds63"

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 4, 2006
            --- OK heavy weather is gone NOW for WUHU I try add / remove and it
            says wuhu.exe is in use but I see it nowhere in use Ive disabled its
            com port. how do I shut her down if its in use and not even
            appearing on the windows task manager.

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 4, 2006
              If the program is not running in the task mamanger process list, it
              is definitely not running.

              Try rebooting, close WUHU after it starts up, then try again.

              You should not need to un-install WUHU, but I would backup your
              WUHU .Ini file before you remove the directories.

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 4, 2006
                ---Same deal doesnt say its running in task manager thats what is
                perplexing me????? How can that be????? really driving me nuts
                gota be a hiccup somewhere.

                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 4, 2006
                  ---
                  The little sun with the H isnt on the tool bar either

                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 5, 2006
                    Sounds as if your system is having some issues, viral or something...
                    LOL
                    Just shut er down and reboot your system and tap on F8 just after the
                    bios checksum until you see a Boot select menue appear. Check safe
                    mode and go Kill the pesky program.

                    I could direct you to a stealthy program that even mounts NTFS
                    without as much as a hickup in editing power, should safe mode not do
                    the trick. You can pull files off any computer if you get this disk
                    in the CD drive and booter-up, mega power!

                    In the meanwhile, safe mode should do the trick for you, happy
                    hunting.