Hello all.

  • tradewinds63
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2006
      I've recently purchased and installed a La Crosse ws-2308 weather
      station in Gold Bar, Wa. I mounted the station on a 10' mast on the
      highest ridge of my house. I visited the CWOP web site and decided to
      join. I've recieved a station ID and I'm about to download wuhu.

      Thus far I've only encountered one problem with my station that may
      eliminate my participation. It occures when connected to the PC. Some or
      all (sometimes just the wind or what ever, outside temp, etc) of the
      external (outdoor data only) readouts on the LCD appear as follows
      "-----" and I have to unplug (power) the unit to clear the problem. It
      happens seemingly after running for an undetermined time. For example it
      was fine when starting this post but now its blanked out all the
      external (outdoor) data again.

      Configured as follows. Base station plugged in and all sensors hard
      wired (not using the wireless transmitter or batteries). I'm using
      Windows XP PRO NTFS and Heavy Weather. Connected to COM 1 via the
      supplied rs232 to POTs cable.

      Why would it do this?

      By the way... I just trashed I.E. and loaded firefox this morning on my
      XP platform. Found it interesting that it was talked about here. Guess
      I'm not alone with my disgust in I.E. and Microsoft, I also became a
      Linux user through Freespire two days ago and it's loaded on my other
      hard drive, so I have to switch HDD in Bios to select my OS session. I
      was amaised with how far Linux has evolved from a few years ago, I also
      downloaded and tinkered with the Knoppix image on CD drive, very cool
      stuff!

      Any help with my La Crosse problem would be great.
      Thanks,
      Mike