Re: [wuhu_software_group] Connecting to WS3600 by USB

  • stevech@san.rr.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 3, 2006
      WS3600 must have a real serial port. Cannot do USB. Because the morons
      at the company that designed the 36xx for LaCrosse chose to use RS232
      serial in a most non-standard manner - bit-banging data using RTS/CTS
      etc instead of TD and RD as usual.

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 3, 2006
        Hey Don,

        Fancy seeing you here :-)

        I have the same setup and same issue - I've just learned to live with
        it :-(

        Cheers

        David

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "scumbag1010" <don@...>

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 3, 2006
          If you can find a USB to serial adapter that advertises full hardware
          handshaking support as well as the RS-232 standard voltages (+/-
          12vdc), it will probably work with the WS-36xx.

          Most cheap serial adapaters (and some laptop integrated serial ports)
          use a voltage range of + / - 5 vdc.

          Let us know if you find a solution.