Re: WU/HU Uploader - Doesn't keep settings

  • toquagroup
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 17, 2005
      Have I missed the solution to this problem? I can't save settings
      either.

      Also, is there a referance to the upload specification for WU and
      download from the 2310?

      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 17, 2005
        As far as specifications, this software does not communicate through
        the serial channel to the unit, you must be running another software
        package (Heavyweather Beta 2.0) tha retrieves the information and
        stores the data in a file (currdat.lst). You can view the contents of
        the currdat.lst by opening with notepad.

        As far as the saving of the settings goes, when you hit the Ok button
        or the Start button the settings are saved. If you hit cancel (or the
        little x in the upper right of the window), the settings are not
        saved.

        It is impossible for me to debug unless I receive more information.

        It seems to be working fine for most people, so there must be
        something that is happening on those machines where the settings are
        not being saved.

        If you can provide any more details?

        1) Did you install WUHU to the default recommended program
        location? (C:\Program Files\WUHU) during the install? If so, try
        using the default path as suggested.

        2) Make sure the file "WUHU Configuration Data.ini" is not write
        protected. This file is installed by default in to the C:\Program
        Files\WUHU directory. Right click the file, select properties, make
        sure the read only attribute is not checked.

        3) Type of machine? XP or 2000? Service packs?

        4) Anything else you can think of that would make this machine unique
        from most others?

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "toquagroup"
        <CMOwen@a...> wrote:

        > Have I missed the solution to this problem? I can't save settings
        > either.
        >
        > Also, is there a referance to the upload specification for WU and
        > download from the 2310?

        > <wuhu_software@y...> wrote:
        > >

        > > Deborah,
        > >
        > > A couple of things I can think of.
        > >
        > > 1) Did you install WUHU to the default recommended program
        > location?
        > > (C:\Program Files\WUHU) during the install?
        > >
        > > 2) Make sure the file "WUHU Configuration Data.ini" is not write
        > > protected.
        > >
        > > Thanks.
        > >
        > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Lancaster"
        > > <otis4x5@e...> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I have tried 139_16 and 139_32 and can't get the software to
        save
        > > > the Weather Underground Account Info or the file name under
        > general
        > > > settings. I know it's uploading because my current data is at
        the
        > > WU
        > > > website. It just won't save the settings. Any suggestions?

        > > > <debkee@g...>

        > click
        > > > OK,
        > already
        > > > in
        > > cool!

        > > > time
        > save
        > > > your

        > uploading,
        > > > the
        > exit.
        > > > If
        > and
        > > > the

        > put
        > > > in -
        > > it
        > > > all
        > > I'd
        > or
        > > > is

        > > Terms
        > > > of

      • toquagroup
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 17, 2005
          I did miss the solution. It was because the intallation archive sets
          it as read only.

          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 18, 2005
            Thanks for the feedback.

            I could not understand why the read-only attribute was somehow set
            during install on some installations.

            Looking over the installshield files, I found the problem.

            The install has been updated to include this fix for future releases
            (v. 1.40+).

            Thanks for the help.