Debug Assertion Failed

  • ejzyskowski
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 7, 2005
      Running Heavy Weather 2.0 Beta on a LaCrosse 2315. I've been running
      WUHU for awhile with no problem but now I'm getting a DEBUG ASSERTION
      FAILURE - Line 709 when I try to load WUHU. If I hit retry it goes to
      a Microsoft Error Report Screen. If I ignore it all seems well. Any
      ideas on this???
      Thanks !
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 8, 2005
        Finalquest,

        Does it give a file name with the error?

        Are you running the latest version?

        Thanks.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "ejzyskowski"
        <finalquest@e...> wrote:

        > Running Heavy Weather 2.0 Beta on a LaCrosse 2315. I've been running
        > WUHU for awhile with no problem but now I'm getting a DEBUG ASSERTION
        > FAILURE - Line 709 when I try to load WUHU. If I hit retry it goes to
        > a Microsoft Error Report Screen. If I ignore it all seems well. Any
        > ideas on this???
        > Thanks !

      • ejzyskowski
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 8, 2005
          No file number just the line number. It's when I try to load up
          WUHU. Line 709. Running 32 bit WUHU and Heavy is up to date, beta
          2.0.

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 9, 2005
            Do me a favor, double check that the .ini file (in the wuhu install
            directory) does not have the read-only attributes set. If the
            attribute is set, please remove it and retry.

            If that does not work, attempt to reinstall the application from the
            setup.

            If neither of those solutions work, let me know.

            <finalquest@e...> wrote:

            > No file number just the line number. It's when I try to load up
            > WUHU. Line 709. Running 32 bit WUHU and Heavy is up to date, beta
            > 2.0.

            > <wuhu_software@y...> wrote:
            > >

            > > Finalquest,
            > >
            > > Does it give a file name with the error?
            > >
            > > Are you running the latest version?
            > >
            > > Thanks.
            > >
            > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "ejzyskowski"
            > > <finalquest@e...> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Running Heavy Weather 2.0 Beta on a LaCrosse 2315. I've been
            > running
            > > > WUHU for awhile with no problem but now I'm getting a DEBUG
            > ASSERTION
            > > > FAILURE - Line 709 when I try to load WUHU. If I hit retry it
            > goes to
            > > > a Microsoft Error Report Screen. If I ignore it all seems well.
            > Any
            > > > ideas on this???
            > > > Thanks !

          • ejzyskowski
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 12, 2005
              Sorry.... File name : wincore.cpp

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 12, 2005
                Looked over the file. Appears to be some sort of problem when a
                window is created.

                Is this a multi-processor system or anything out of the ordinary?

                Also, let me know if re-installing corrects the problem.