Re: v208 Beta4. Experimental graphing feature. #2

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2006
      When you are zooming, you might see a "Out of Bounds" error message
      (especially if you are zooming in to a large amount of data).

      Just hit OK and ignore. This is probably happening when the user is
      zooming the graph during a graph update.

      > All,
      >
      > I have created a new version available for beta testing that
      > incorporates graphing of the weather data (last 24 hours).
      >
      > In order to run this version, you must have a printer attached to
      > your system (See Control Panel/Printers). This is due to a bug in
      the
      > graph control version I am using. Hopefully I can properly address
      > this problem soon.
      >
      > Graphing:
      > ---------
      >
      > To graph, you select either minutes or hours, enter a starting time
      > and ending time, then hit graph.
      >
      > A starting time of 0 is given special meaning. In this case, the
      > graphs will be kept live as new data arrives.
      >
      > Specifying a non-zero start time will not update the graphs. For
      > instance if you graph the last 1 to 20 hours, the graphs will be
      > displayed, but will not be kept up to date as new data arrives. You
      > will be able to pan and zoom even though the data is not live.
      >
      > Caveats:
      > --------
      >
      > 1) If you graph a large amount of data (say 0 to 24 hours, and you
      > are using direct serial), you will have CPU spikes when new data is
      > displayed. Experiment will different time ranges to get an idea of
      > how much CPU is used on your machine.
      >
      > 2) If the graph does not seem to update, make sure you are un-
      zoomed
      > from the graph that is not updating.
      >
      > 3) I do not yet have a key displayed for the colors of each of the
      > variables, that will probably be added later. There are also no
      > labels on the axis. Double click each chart to see what data is
      > displayed. Also, see hint at top of chart page for graphing
      functions.

      > 4) There is print capability but I have not added it yet.
      >
      > If you test the application, please let me know if you have any
      > problems.
      >
      > Download page:
      >
      > http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/

    • BD96
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 3, 2006
        Great, but I am having problems getting my weather machine to work on weatherbug like I use to. My computer had to be formatted and as you have guessed I have to start over. Fosome reason I am unable to down load what I need. Maybe I am down loading the wrong Down load. What down load do I need? I am using the WS 2308 TWC. Can you assist me again. Thanks. Bill

      • jglewis123000@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 3, 2006
          I am looking for powerfull weather prediction software. Can anyone make a recomendation? Jeff

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 3, 2006
            Bill,

            I am assuming you were running Heavyweather Beta 2.0 and WUHU?

            Both are available at the download page:

            http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/

            For WUHU, get version WUHU207_32.zip.