Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: website for replacement parts

  • akers305@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 3, 2006
      What did it do? Some bizarre reading? I looked up one of the stations on Lacrosse's website that uses the cups, and in the pictures associated with the station, it showed the same station using the turbine also.
      I took it down yesterday (my turbine) and it worked fine. something had been hanging out in there slowing it down, but it now has left. That is why the turbine design just doesn't work reliably. Cups or an open air propeller like the ones NOAA have on thier buoys would be nice. They wouldn't have to be as expensive, just a smaller, lighter version would be nice.

      > From: "Ron W" <jeffrondee@...>
      > Date: 2006/09/03 Sun PM 12:05:45 EDT
      > To: wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [wuhu_software_group] Re: website for replacement parts
      >
      > I tried the TX-15 and it would not work with my 2310.
      >
      > Ron
      >
      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <akers305@...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Has anyone you know of ever tried the cups? Even though Lacrosse
      > says they aren't compatible?

    • utahweatherbear
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 3, 2006
        Many of you probably know this already, but the Lacrosse group had a
        link to the replacement cups. It says it's compatible, even though
        my french is a tad rusty. Can't find a site where you can get these
        sent to the U.S. however. Scroll to the TX118-20 & TX218-20 tables.
        Maybe they only will work with the european versions?

        dan

        http://www.nouveauxobjets.com/pieces_detachees.php

        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 3, 2006
          Here is Bablefish translation:
          "You have or you will buy a ws 2300 /2305/2308, it is henceforth
          possible following many requests to replace L ' anemometer with
          propeller (ws 2300-15) by this new TX118-20. It will improve to a
          significant degree the statements speed of wind, since the wind vane
          interdependent any more of the part is not anémométre.Trés interesting
          for the owners of these machines which have problems of disturbances
          and turbulences. stations lacrosse compatible WS: 2300, 2305, 2308
          delivered with 10 meters of cable"

          I wonder when it will be available in the US??

          Steve
        • Ron W
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 3, 2006
            The TX-15 is a stationary cup and it did not register any wind speed
            at all 0.

            Ron

          • jkelleher_gk6513
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 4, 2006