Re: website for replacement parts

    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 2, 2006
      According to this web site they sell what looks like the same
      anemometer, but it has two different part #'s 2310-15 and 3610-15

      http://secure.cartsvr.net/catalogs/search.asp?catid=15010&fileID=5954

      Steve
    • Ron W
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 3, 2006
        I tried the TX-15 and it would not work with my 2310.

        Ron

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <akers305@...>

      • akers305@bellsouth.net
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 3, 2006
          What did it do? Some bizarre reading? I looked up one of the stations on Lacrosse's website that uses the cups, and in the pictures associated with the station, it showed the same station using the turbine also.
          I took it down yesterday (my turbine) and it worked fine. something had been hanging out in there slowing it down, but it now has left. That is why the turbine design just doesn't work reliably. Cups or an open air propeller like the ones NOAA have on thier buoys would be nice. They wouldn't have to be as expensive, just a smaller, lighter version would be nice.

          > From: "Ron W" <jeffrondee@...>
          > Date: 2006/09/03 Sun PM 12:05:45 EDT
          > To: wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [wuhu_software_group] Re: website for replacement parts
          >
          > I tried the TX-15 and it would not work with my 2310.
          >
          > Ron
          >
          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <akers305@...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Has anyone you know of ever tried the cups? Even though Lacrosse
          > says they aren't compatible?

        • utahweatherbear
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 3, 2006
            Many of you probably know this already, but the Lacrosse group had a
            link to the replacement cups. It says it's compatible, even though
            my french is a tad rusty. Can't find a site where you can get these
            sent to the U.S. however. Scroll to the TX118-20 & TX218-20 tables.
            Maybe they only will work with the european versions?

            dan

            http://www.nouveauxobjets.com/pieces_detachees.php

            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 3, 2006
              Here is Bablefish translation:
              "You have or you will buy a ws 2300 /2305/2308, it is henceforth
              possible following many requests to replace L ' anemometer with
              propeller (ws 2300-15) by this new TX118-20. It will improve to a
              significant degree the statements speed of wind, since the wind vane
              interdependent any more of the part is not anémométre.Trés interesting
              for the owners of these machines which have problems of disturbances
              and turbulences. stations lacrosse compatible WS: 2300, 2305, 2308
              delivered with 10 meters of cable"

              I wonder when it will be available in the US??

              Steve
            • Ron W
              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 3, 2006
                The TX-15 is a stationary cup and it did not register any wind speed
                at all 0.

                Ron

              • jkelleher_gk6513
                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 4, 2006