Is WUHU139 a replacement for Heavy Weather Publisher?

  • swbrown363
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 27, 2005
      Hello. I am a newbee who just setup a ws2310 weather station. The
      link between the weather station and my PC is solid, but try as I
      might I can not get the Heavy Weather Publisher software to recgonize
      my ISP's FTP server. I can access my ISP's sever with IE so I believe
      the server name is correct. I am unclear whether the file name must
      exist and what the extension should be. Any help available will be
      appreciated.
    • jjantti2
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 30, 2005
        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "swbrown363" <steveb@d...>
        wrote:

        > Hello. I am a newbee who just setup a ws2310 weather station. The
        > link between the weather station and my PC is solid, but try as I
        > might I can not get the Heavy Weather Publisher software to recgonize
        > my ISP's FTP server. I can access my ISP's sever with IE so I believe
        > the server name is correct. I am unclear whether the file name must
        > exist and what the extension should be. Any help available will be
        > appreciated.

        First of all, welcome to the group.

        For the question in the subject, WUHU is not really a replacement for
        HWP. The use of HWP is to edit the look of the weather data being
        published to your web page.

        WUHU is actually a weather data parsing and uploading program to
        Weather Underground (WU) and the Citizen Weather Observer Program
        (CWOP) services on the Internet. CWOP gathers data and also monitors
        the quality of the data for meteorological institutes to use them in
        their forecasts.

        For the problem you are experiencing, it may be that the HWP is
        suffering a similar problem I had previously.

        Apparently HWP is giving you an 'Error' as publishing result? If this
        is the case, moving the mouse pointer over the 'Error' text will give
        you a reason why it failed.

        Is it giving you a 'The data area passed to a system call is too
        small' or similar looking error message?
        This is a common error condition I've come across many times. I
        rectified the situation by uploading an empty file, having the same
        name as the failed file HWP was trying to publish. Then HWP succeeded
        in publishing it.

        For reasons unknown, HWP checks if the file already exists, deletes
        the file and then uploads it. If any step before the upload fails, HWP
        goes bananas and gives you the cryptic error message as mentioned above.

        In my opinion, this is a severe bug in HWP that needs addressing. If a
        file does not exist in the server, it should be uploaded without doing
        any additional checking.

        Hopefully this gives some light for you and for the other members of
        the Group, sorry about the half-off-topic reply. :)