Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: website for replacement parts

  • DKee
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 1, 2006
      The other Steve beat me to it!  :-)

      I just got replacement parts for my 2310 just over a month ago, and Provantage had the best prices. Their shipping was really quick - and reasonable as well.

      ~ Deborah

      On 9/1/06, steve_03222 <steve_03222@...> wrote:

      I bought mine at Provantage. Cheapest I could find a few Months ago including the shipping charges. Here is the link.

      http://www.provantage.com/la-crosse-ws-2310-15~7LCRS036.htm

      Steve

    • hwy9_weather
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 1, 2006
        Thanks to both of you. Item ordered.
        Steve
        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, DKee <debkee@...> wrote:

        > The other Steve beat me to it! :-)
        >
        > I just got replacement parts for my 2310 just over a month ago, and
        > Provantage had the best prices. Their shipping was really quick -
        and
        > reasonable as well.
        >
        > ~ Deborah
        >

        > On 9/1/06, steve_03222 <steve_03222@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I bought mine at Provantage. Cheapest I could find a few
        Months ago
        > > including the shipping charges. Here is the link.
        > >

        > > http://www.provantage.com/la-crosse-ws-2310-
        15~7LCRS036.htm<http://www.provantage.com/la-crosse-ws-2310-15%
        7E7LCRS036.htm>

        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 2, 2006
          Yeah, the wind turbine does not last forever. Mine was not spinning
          well so I bought a new one. I took the old one apart and found rust in
          the bearings. I actually cleaned them up and put it back together and
          have been using the old one. Last Month I had to take it apart again
          and re-clean & lube it.
          So I am keeping the new one as a spare. eventually it will get beyond
          th epoint where I can clean it out.
          A shame that LaCrosse can't make an outdoor instrument that will not
          rust.

          Steve
        • utahweatherbear
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 2, 2006
            The wind unit for the 3610 looks identical to the 2310, I assume
            they're compatible?

            Dan

            <steve_03222@...> wrote:

            > Yeah, the wind turbine does not last forever. Mine was not spinning
            > well so I bought a new one. I took the old one apart and found rust
            in
            > the bearings. I actually cleaned them up and put it back together
            and
            > have been using the old one. Last Month I had to take it apart again
            > and re-clean & lube it.
            > So I am keeping the new one as a spare. eventually it will get
            beyond
            > th epoint where I can clean it out.
            > A shame that LaCrosse can't make an outdoor instrument that will not
            > rust.
            >
            > Steve

          • Steve
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 2, 2006
              Has anyone you know of ever tried the cups? Even though Lacrosse says they aren't compatible?

              --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "steve_03222"

              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 2, 2006
                According to this web site they sell what looks like the same
                anemometer, but it has two different part #'s 2310-15 and 3610-15

                http://secure.cartsvr.net/catalogs/search.asp?catid=15010&fileID=5954

                Steve
              • Ron W
                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 3, 2006
                  I tried the TX-15 and it would not work with my 2310.

                  Ron

                  --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <akers305@...>

                • akers305@bellsouth.net
                  Message 8 of 14 , Sep 3, 2006
                    What did it do? Some bizarre reading? I looked up one of the stations on Lacrosse's website that uses the cups, and in the pictures associated with the station, it showed the same station using the turbine also.
                    I took it down yesterday (my turbine) and it worked fine. something had been hanging out in there slowing it down, but it now has left. That is why the turbine design just doesn't work reliably. Cups or an open air propeller like the ones NOAA have on thier buoys would be nice. They wouldn't have to be as expensive, just a smaller, lighter version would be nice.

                    > From: "Ron W" <jeffrondee@...>
                    > Date: 2006/09/03 Sun PM 12:05:45 EDT
                    > To: wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com
                    > Subject: [wuhu_software_group] Re: website for replacement parts
                    >
                    > I tried the TX-15 and it would not work with my 2310.
                    >
                    > Ron
                    >
                    > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <akers305@...>
                    > wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Has anyone you know of ever tried the cups? Even though Lacrosse
                    > says they aren't compatible?

                  • utahweatherbear
                    Message 9 of 14 , Sep 3, 2006
                      Many of you probably know this already, but the Lacrosse group had a
                      link to the replacement cups. It says it's compatible, even though
                      my french is a tad rusty. Can't find a site where you can get these
                      sent to the U.S. however. Scroll to the TX118-20 & TX218-20 tables.
                      Maybe they only will work with the european versions?

                      dan

                      http://www.nouveauxobjets.com/pieces_detachees.php

                      Message 10 of 14 , Sep 3, 2006
                        Here is Bablefish translation:
                        "You have or you will buy a ws 2300 /2305/2308, it is henceforth
                        possible following many requests to replace L ' anemometer with
                        propeller (ws 2300-15) by this new TX118-20. It will improve to a
                        significant degree the statements speed of wind, since the wind vane
                        interdependent any more of the part is not anémométre.Trés interesting
                        for the owners of these machines which have problems of disturbances
                        and turbulences. stations lacrosse compatible WS: 2300, 2305, 2308
                        delivered with 10 meters of cable"

                        I wonder when it will be available in the US??

                        Steve
                      • Ron W
                        Message 11 of 14 , Sep 3, 2006
                          The TX-15 is a stationary cup and it did not register any wind speed
                          at all 0.

                          Ron

                        • jkelleher_gk6513
                          Message 12 of 14 , Sep 4, 2006