Wuhu Won't Upload

  • aurigarivervale
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 22, 2005
      Hi all,

      Just installed 139 32-bit version and it worked fine for a day but
      then it stopped uploading at all. I have internet access otherwise and
      I can see that Wuhu apparently tries to send data as I saw 0/167 when
      I woke up this morning. I'm using DSL with a permanently open
      connection. I have no software firewall installed and no settings have
      changed on the router firewall. Wuhu also won't hold on to the
      settings I change but I figure I can edit the ini to take care of
      that. I've tried uninstall/reinstall but still Wuhu won't upload to WU
      though I'm positive the station ID and password are correct.

      Thanks!
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 22, 2005
        Jason,

        That is very odd.

        Two questions:

        1) Can you access weather underground via the web page?

        2) Are you uploading to CWOP? If so, is the data there uploaded?

        Thanks.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "aurigarivervale"
        <jasona@w...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > Just installed 139 32-bit version and it worked fine for a day but
        > then it stopped uploading at all. I have internet access otherwise and
        > I can see that Wuhu apparently tries to send data as I saw 0/167 when
        > I woke up this morning. I'm using DSL with a permanently open
        > connection. I have no software firewall installed and no settings have
        > changed on the router firewall. Wuhu also won't hold on to the
        > settings I change but I figure I can edit the ini to take care of
        > that. I've tried uninstall/reinstall but still Wuhu won't upload to WU
        > though I'm positive the station ID and password are correct.
        >
        > Thanks!

      • aurigarivervale
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 22, 2005
          1. Yes, can access and log-on to WU. I typed in the user/pass to be
          sure it was being recognized.

          2. No

          Wuhu died early this morning. I came home and tracked things for a
          while then realized my WU page wasn't updating beyong 2:30am or
          thereabouts yet it was 4:00am. So I checked and made sure HeavyWeather
          was running and watching things; it matched the settings on the
          weather station. Opened Wuhu then noticed that I had something like
          1300/1600 ratio. At somepoint that morning it lost communication. I
          watched other weather stations on WU to be sure they were updating and
          they were.

          I closed/reopened wuhu, closed/reopened heavyweather, rebooted the
          computer and then uninstalled/reinstalled wuhu. Nothing. Otherwise, I
          connect just fine and can't discover any blocked ports. To be sure
          it's not the router or my ISP scanning for possible Trojan behavior,
          I'm going to install it all on a second winxp sp2 computer and try it
          there; happily the two machines are right next to each other. I'll let
          you know what happens with that, but first I'm going to uninstall wuhu
          and heavyweather and try again before doing that.

          Thanks for the reply!