Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: WU/HU Uploader - Doesn't keep settings - OOOPS.

  • Deborah Kee
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 13, 2005
      Not a problem . . . thanks for thinking of me though.  :-)

      ~ Deborah

      On 11/13/05, wuhu_software <wuhu_software@...> wrote:

      That last response was directed to Mark, not Deborah.

      Sorry.

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

    • toquagroup
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 17, 2005
        Have I missed the solution to this problem? I can't save settings
        either.

        Also, is there a referance to the upload specification for WU and
        download from the 2310?

        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 17, 2005
          As far as specifications, this software does not communicate through
          the serial channel to the unit, you must be running another software
          package (Heavyweather Beta 2.0) tha retrieves the information and
          stores the data in a file (currdat.lst). You can view the contents of
          the currdat.lst by opening with notepad.

          As far as the saving of the settings goes, when you hit the Ok button
          or the Start button the settings are saved. If you hit cancel (or the
          little x in the upper right of the window), the settings are not
          saved.

          It is impossible for me to debug unless I receive more information.

          It seems to be working fine for most people, so there must be
          something that is happening on those machines where the settings are
          not being saved.

          If you can provide any more details?

          1) Did you install WUHU to the default recommended program
          location? (C:\Program Files\WUHU) during the install? If so, try
          using the default path as suggested.

          2) Make sure the file "WUHU Configuration Data.ini" is not write
          protected. This file is installed by default in to the C:\Program
          Files\WUHU directory. Right click the file, select properties, make
          sure the read only attribute is not checked.

          3) Type of machine? XP or 2000? Service packs?

          4) Anything else you can think of that would make this machine unique
          from most others?

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "toquagroup"
          <CMOwen@a...> wrote:

          > Have I missed the solution to this problem? I can't save settings
          > either.
          >
          > Also, is there a referance to the upload specification for WU and
          > download from the 2310?

          > <wuhu_software@y...> wrote:
          > >

          > > Deborah,
          > >
          > > A couple of things I can think of.
          > >
          > > 1) Did you install WUHU to the default recommended program
          > location?
          > > (C:\Program Files\WUHU) during the install?
          > >
          > > 2) Make sure the file "WUHU Configuration Data.ini" is not write
          > > protected.
          > >
          > > Thanks.
          > >
          > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Lancaster"
          > > <otis4x5@e...> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > I have tried 139_16 and 139_32 and can't get the software to
          save
          > > > the Weather Underground Account Info or the file name under
          > general
          > > > settings. I know it's uploading because my current data is at
          the
          > > WU
          > > > website. It just won't save the settings. Any suggestions?

          > > > <debkee@g...>

          > click
          > > > OK,
          > already
          > > > in
          > > cool!

          > > > time
          > save
          > > > your

          > uploading,
          > > > the
          > exit.
          > > > If
          > and
          > > > the

          > put
          > > > in -
          > > it
          > > > all
          > > I'd
          > or
          > > > is

          > > Terms
          > > > of

        • toquagroup
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 17, 2005
            I did miss the solution. It was because the intallation archive sets
            it as read only.

            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 18, 2005
              Thanks for the feedback.

              I could not understand why the read-only attribute was somehow set
              during install on some installations.

              Looking over the installshield files, I found the problem.

              The install has been updated to include this fix for future releases
              (v. 1.40+).

              Thanks for the help.