Re: WU/HU Uploader - Doesn't keep settings - OOOPS.

    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 13, 2005
      That last response was directed to Mark, not Deborah.

      Sorry.
    • Deborah Kee
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 13, 2005
        Not a problem . . . thanks for thinking of me though.  :-)

        ~ Deborah

        On 11/13/05, wuhu_software <wuhu_software@...> wrote:

        That last response was directed to Mark, not Deborah.

        Sorry.

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      • toquagroup
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 17, 2005
          Have I missed the solution to this problem? I can't save settings
          either.

          Also, is there a referance to the upload specification for WU and
          download from the 2310?

          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 17, 2005
            As far as specifications, this software does not communicate through
            the serial channel to the unit, you must be running another software
            package (Heavyweather Beta 2.0) tha retrieves the information and
            stores the data in a file (currdat.lst). You can view the contents of
            the currdat.lst by opening with notepad.

            As far as the saving of the settings goes, when you hit the Ok button
            or the Start button the settings are saved. If you hit cancel (or the
            little x in the upper right of the window), the settings are not
            saved.

            It is impossible for me to debug unless I receive more information.

            It seems to be working fine for most people, so there must be
            something that is happening on those machines where the settings are
            not being saved.

            If you can provide any more details?

            1) Did you install WUHU to the default recommended program
            location? (C:\Program Files\WUHU) during the install? If so, try
            using the default path as suggested.

            2) Make sure the file "WUHU Configuration Data.ini" is not write
            protected. This file is installed by default in to the C:\Program
            Files\WUHU directory. Right click the file, select properties, make
            sure the read only attribute is not checked.

            3) Type of machine? XP or 2000? Service packs?

            4) Anything else you can think of that would make this machine unique
            from most others?

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "toquagroup"
            <CMOwen@a...> wrote:

            > Have I missed the solution to this problem? I can't save settings
            > either.
            >
            > Also, is there a referance to the upload specification for WU and
            > download from the 2310?

            > <wuhu_software@y...> wrote:
            > >

            > > Deborah,
            > >
            > > A couple of things I can think of.
            > >
            > > 1) Did you install WUHU to the default recommended program
            > location?
            > > (C:\Program Files\WUHU) during the install?
            > >
            > > 2) Make sure the file "WUHU Configuration Data.ini" is not write
            > > protected.
            > >
            > > Thanks.
            > >
            > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Lancaster"
            > > <otis4x5@e...> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I have tried 139_16 and 139_32 and can't get the software to
            save
            > > > the Weather Underground Account Info or the file name under
            > general
            > > > settings. I know it's uploading because my current data is at
            the
            > > WU
            > > > website. It just won't save the settings. Any suggestions?

            > > > <debkee@g...>

            > click
            > > > OK,
            > already
            > > > in
            > > cool!

            > > > time
            > save
            > > > your

            > uploading,
            > > > the
            > exit.
            > > > If
            > and
            > > > the

            > put
            > > > in -
            > > it
            > > > all
            > > I'd
            > or
            > > > is

            > > Terms
            > > > of

          • toquagroup
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 17, 2005
              I did miss the solution. It was because the intallation archive sets
              it as read only.

              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 18, 2005
                Thanks for the feedback.

                I could not understand why the read-only attribute was somehow set
                during install on some installations.

                Looking over the installshield files, I found the problem.

                The install has been updated to include this fix for future releases
                (v. 1.40+).

                Thanks for the help.