Re: WU/HU Uploader - Doesn't keep settings

    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 13, 2005
      Deborah,

      A couple of things I can think of.

      1) Did you install WUHU to the default recommended program location?
      (C:\Program Files\WUHU) during the install?

      2) Make sure the file "WUHU Configuration Data.ini" is not write
      protected.

      Thanks.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Lancaster"
      <otis4x5@e...> wrote:

      > I have tried 139_16 and 139_32 and can't get the software to save
      > the Weather Underground Account Info or the file name under general
      > settings. I know it's uploading because my current data is at the
      WU
      > website. It just won't save the settings. Any suggestions?

      > <wuhu_software@y...> wrote:
      > >

      > > Deborah,
      > >
      > > Let me know if you find any other bugs in the future.
      > >
      > > Your feedback is appreciated.
      > >
      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Deborah Kee
      > <debkee@g...>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Wow! What a difference!
      > > > Actually, it still asks if I really want to quit when I click
      > OK,
      > > but the
      > > > big differences are that it started up with the ID etc already
      > in
      > > there, AND
      > > > when the program launched it was already "start"ed. This is
      cool!
      > > > Thanks for the fix - it sure makes a huge difference!
      > > > ~ Deborah

      > time
      > > when
      > your

      > the
      > If
      > > you
      > the

      > > <debkee@g...>

      > in -
      > all
      I'd
      > > expect
      > is
      > > this

      > > _group>"
      > > unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<wuhu_software_group-
      Terms

      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 13, 2005
        That last response was directed to Mark, not Deborah.

        Sorry.
      • Deborah Kee
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 13, 2005
          Not a problem . . . thanks for thinking of me though.  :-)

          ~ Deborah

          On 11/13/05, wuhu_software <wuhu_software@...> wrote:

          That last response was directed to Mark, not Deborah.

          Sorry.

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        • toquagroup
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 17, 2005
            Have I missed the solution to this problem? I can't save settings
            either.

            Also, is there a referance to the upload specification for WU and
            download from the 2310?

            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 17, 2005
              As far as specifications, this software does not communicate through
              the serial channel to the unit, you must be running another software
              package (Heavyweather Beta 2.0) tha retrieves the information and
              stores the data in a file (currdat.lst). You can view the contents of
              the currdat.lst by opening with notepad.

              As far as the saving of the settings goes, when you hit the Ok button
              or the Start button the settings are saved. If you hit cancel (or the
              little x in the upper right of the window), the settings are not
              saved.

              It is impossible for me to debug unless I receive more information.

              It seems to be working fine for most people, so there must be
              something that is happening on those machines where the settings are
              not being saved.

              If you can provide any more details?

              1) Did you install WUHU to the default recommended program
              location? (C:\Program Files\WUHU) during the install? If so, try
              using the default path as suggested.

              2) Make sure the file "WUHU Configuration Data.ini" is not write
              protected. This file is installed by default in to the C:\Program
              Files\WUHU directory. Right click the file, select properties, make
              sure the read only attribute is not checked.

              3) Type of machine? XP or 2000? Service packs?

              4) Anything else you can think of that would make this machine unique
              from most others?

              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "toquagroup"
              <CMOwen@a...> wrote:

              > Have I missed the solution to this problem? I can't save settings
              > either.
              >
              > Also, is there a referance to the upload specification for WU and
              > download from the 2310?

              > <wuhu_software@y...> wrote:
              > >

              > > Deborah,
              > >
              > > A couple of things I can think of.
              > >
              > > 1) Did you install WUHU to the default recommended program
              > location?
              > > (C:\Program Files\WUHU) during the install?
              > >
              > > 2) Make sure the file "WUHU Configuration Data.ini" is not write
              > > protected.
              > >
              > > Thanks.
              > >
              > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Lancaster"
              > > <otis4x5@e...> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > I have tried 139_16 and 139_32 and can't get the software to
              save
              > > > the Weather Underground Account Info or the file name under
              > general
              > > > settings. I know it's uploading because my current data is at
              the
              > > WU
              > > > website. It just won't save the settings. Any suggestions?

              > > > <debkee@g...>

              > click
              > > > OK,
              > already
              > > > in
              > > cool!

              > > > time
              > save
              > > > your

              > uploading,
              > > > the
              > exit.
              > > > If
              > and
              > > > the

              > put
              > > > in -
              > > it
              > > > all
              > > I'd
              > or
              > > > is

              > > Terms
              > > > of

            • toquagroup
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 17, 2005
                I did miss the solution. It was because the intallation archive sets
                it as read only.

                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 18, 2005
                  Thanks for the feedback.

                  I could not understand why the read-only attribute was somehow set
                  during install on some installations.

                  Looking over the installshield files, I found the problem.

                  The install has been updated to include this fix for future releases
                  (v. 1.40+).

                  Thanks for the help.