Re: Discrepancy with Relative Pressure in Heavy Weather and wuhu

  • jmottle
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 12, 2005
      <wuhu_software@y...> wrote:

      > Is it the CWOP data, WU data, or both that is not correct?

      Using your formula the CWOP pressure seems to be correct and on
      their page it shows as it does on my console. I'm going to post a
      link to all my data becuase it will be easier to see at one
      particular time how every item compared. I'm seeing huge
      discrepancies in wind now as well.

      http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?
      ID=IALBERTA36

      http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wx.cgi?call=CW4667&units=metric

      Here is the data from Heavy Weather pro in the data section for
      comparsison:

      WU

      11.12.2005 11:18am / 1015.5hPa Rel Pressure / -0.9C Out temp / 71%
      Out Hum. / -5.6C Dewp / 1.6km/h wind speed / North direction /
      8.00km/h Gust

      CWOP

      20051112181816 / 1015.6hPa Rel Pressure / -1C Out temp / 71% Out
      Hum. / 3.2km/h wind speed / 7 direction / 9.70km/h Gust

      Heavy Weather

      11.12.2005 11:18am / 1017.4hPa Rel Pressure / 867.4 hPa Abs / -0.9C
      Out temp / 71% Out Hum. / -5.4C Dewp / -0.9C Windc / 1.8km/h wind
      speed / NNE direction / 0.00km/h Gust /

      What I see on my console for the rel pressure is always higher by
      0.3-0.4hPa

      Wind speeds are not even close. There are no gusts in HW and they
      are being reported at times in the other sites. There are some small
      discrepancies in dew point too.

      Hope this helps.

      Cheers,
      Jeff

      I am now seeing that the wind of not match anythign either.
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 12, 2005
        Jeff,

        That is interesting. This seems to be more than a rounding error.

        Could you possibly capture the currdat.lst file and see if it matches
        heavyweather? At times I have seen a mis-match between the data
        heavyweather is displaying and what it is sending to the currdat.lst
        file.

        As far as the dewpoints and wind speed goes, there may be mismatches
        in the following cases:

        1) If you are using currdat.lst, WUHU will report the highest
        windspeed reported in the currdat.lst over the past 10 minutes. Note
        that this file does not have a gust field so it is simply monitoring
        the wind speed.

        2) If you are using WS36xx history.dat file monitoring, the dewpoint
        is a calculated value since this is not stored in the history.dat.

        Let me know what you find.

        Thanks

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "jmottle" <jmottle@y...>