Re: Win 2000/XP

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2006
      Deborah,
      Just my 2 cents in regards to the HP with windows 98. I think that is
      what one of the previous posts was saying, if you get a computer and
      you have to add a new Operating System, it ends up being expensive if
      you do it legally.
      Then you also need to look and see if you need to add memory as some
      of the older machines are really lacking as far as memory goes. Memory
      isn't very expensive these days, but on top of buying an OS, you know,
      it just adds up. Also is the HP set up for your broadband connection?
      If not you may need a network card. Not sure how you connect your PWS,
      but if you currently use the supplied serial connection and the HP
      does not have one, you might have to buy a USB-Serial connector.
      I know there are alot of computer experts out there on the list, I
      just had these thoughts so I sent them along for what they are worth.