posting data to website

  • archangel_cpj
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 14, 2006
      I am with a fire dept and am wondering how hard it would be to network
      5 ws - 2310 weather stations to the web so we could monitor storms as
      they entered our jurisdiction. I would love to have them sectioned
      off on the screen. now FYI Im computer literate but not a whiz so
      keep it simple if possible.
    • stevech11
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 14, 2006
        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "archangel_cpj"
        <archangel_cpj@...> wrote:

        > I am with a fire dept and am wondering how hard it would be to network
        > 5 ws - 2310 weather stations to the web so we could monitor storms as
        > they entered our jurisdiction. I would love to have them sectioned
        > off on the screen. now FYI Im computer literate but not a whiz so
        > keep it simple if possible.

        I'll send you an email on how I've done that - using a small web
        server at my home with highly restricted access to stop hackers.
        Weather data comes from a LaCrosse.
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 14, 2006

          The simplest solution that I can think of would be to run Heavyweather Publisher on each computer connected to each weather station.

          Each copy of Publisher would upload an image file for that station.

          The web page is then just a collection of those images that aumatically refreshes every 10 seconds or so.

          If you configure WUHU to use direct serial mode, and to output a currdat.lst, publisher will upload a new image every 5-10 seconds.

          Here is an example I set up, the same image over and over, but the data is live.

          http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/Multi.htm

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 14, 2006

            Scratch what I posted... Had a brain fart there...

            The simpliest solution is hook up all the stations to Weather Underground using Rapid Fire, then post a simple line of html code for each station.

            You get nice auto-updated graphics with zero effort.

            Although I seem to be having some issue with the flash animation right now (is anyone else having a problem?) this solution is pretty simple.

            Because something is wrong with the flash, you will not see the data, but it will be fixed I am sure. You will get the idea.

            See:

            http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/Multi2.htm

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 15, 2006
              WUHU,
              My Rapid Fire was working fine last night around 9:00PM anyways and is
              working fine this morning.
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 15, 2006
                Steve,

                It appears that it was a problem with my flash player.

                I went to the adobe site and re-loaded it, it works fine now.

                Thanks for the info.

                <steve_03222@...> wrote:

                > WUHU,
                > My Rapid Fire was working fine last night around 9:00PM anyways and
                is
                > working fine this morning.

              • Alan Steremberg
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 15, 2006
                  Hi,

                  We would be very happy if you included the weather stations in the Weather Underground rapid fire network.  You can then view them using the Flash Rapid Fire applications, as well as the google map interface for your area.

                  See:
                  http://www.wunderground.com/stationmaps/gmap.asp?zip=33109&magic=2&wmo=99999
                  and
                  http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KCASANFR14