Re: HistoryToWU.exe WS36xx history.dat uploader.

  • jjantti2
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 9, 2005
      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "wuhu_software" > same

      > Do we know the date that your history.dat file was created?

      Oops, my bad. Sure. I do know the exact date and time of the
      history.dat file's creation.

      The part I forgot to mention was that I had a thought, that WU would
      replace the old weather data with the one being uploaded by
      HistoryToWU.exe, but apparently I was mistaking.

      > By the way, is your time zone 3 hours from UTC time (coordinated
      > universal time)?

      No. Officially it's +2 hours, but my time zone differs according to
      Daylight Time change. In Daylight time, we drift +3 hours from UTC and
      in Standard Time, +2 hours.

      I have to manually adjust the time because my weather station is
      unable to synchronize itself with DCF77-signal. This is because the
      Frankfurt (Germany) transmitter is about 1,500 km away from my
      location and all the surrounding exterior walls are so thick, they
      block the signal completely. If I really want to get a signal
      reception, it's only during the night if the weather station is
      relocated to my bedroom window.

      Best Regards,
      Juha
    • jjantti2
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 9, 2005
        <wuhu_software@y...> wrote:

        > Juha,
        >
        > I have created a new version of the history file uploader
        > (version 2).
        >
        > This will subtract your local time offset from the timestamps (in
        > history.dat) to create a UTC time stamp.
        >
        > Hopefully this will address the problem.
        >
        > If you could peform a few uploads (hit cancel after it uploads a few
        > records) and let me know the starting time and date of your
        > history.dat records (probably by reviewing the history in
        > Heavyweather), we can check out the results at WU.

        Thanks! I'll give it try as soon as I locate any missing weather data
        from my site. I'll report the date and time here.

        Best Regards,
        Juha