Re: WS-2317!!!

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 5, 2006
      The Beta 2.0 version of Heavyweather is designed for the WS23xx
      stations only.

      WS36xx must always run the Pro versions.

      The Pro version does not support the WS23xx at this time.

      As mentioned by another user, the WS36xx uses a communication scheme
      where the hand shake lines are used exclusively for communications
      (bytes are not transmitted over the normal TX and RX lines).

      This being the case, you must use a serial port that has full
      handshaking capabilities when attempting to communicate with the
      console.

      Beware that many laptops and USB serial adapters are using a + / - 5
      VDC signal levels on all of the serial port lines. I would recommend
      using a built in serial port or buy and PCI serial card to
      communication with the console. These ports usually support the +/-
      12 VDC voltages needed. Check the specs on the port before you buy.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Marion C. Maher"
      <msmaher@...> wrote:

      > Hello Everyone;
      >
      > The beta version of Heavy Weather would not work for me at all. I
      went to the Heavy Weather website and downloaded the latest version
      for my unit, a LaCrosse 3610, which was Heavy Weather Pro 3610. Then
      I was able to get everything up and running. I am also running
      Windows XP Pro, and I think that might have something to do with it,
      but I don't understand exactly what. The cable that came with my
      unit has a serial coupling and I just connected that to a port on my
      motherboard, if that makes any difference. The right version of
      software was what did it for me. Good luck to you Bob in getting
      things set up, I don't have any other suggestions except to check out
      a different version of the HW software.

      > Marion

      Checking
      > in device manager, com port is set to com4, which I have set in
      HW2.0.