Re: HistoryToWU.exe WS36xx history.dat uploader.

    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 8, 2005
      Juha,

      I have created a new version of the history file uploader (version 2).

      This will subtract your local time offset from the timestamps (in
      history.dat) to create a UTC time stamp.

      Hopefully this will address the problem.

      If you could peform a few uploads (hit cancel after it uploads a few
      records) and let me know the starting time and date of your history.dat
      records (probably by reviewing the history in Heavyweather), we can
      check out the results at WU.

      Thanks.
    • jjantti2
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 9, 2005
        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "wuhu_software" > same

        > Do we know the date that your history.dat file was created?

        Oops, my bad. Sure. I do know the exact date and time of the
        history.dat file's creation.

        The part I forgot to mention was that I had a thought, that WU would
        replace the old weather data with the one being uploaded by
        HistoryToWU.exe, but apparently I was mistaking.

        > By the way, is your time zone 3 hours from UTC time (coordinated
        > universal time)?

        No. Officially it's +2 hours, but my time zone differs according to
        Daylight Time change. In Daylight time, we drift +3 hours from UTC and
        in Standard Time, +2 hours.

        I have to manually adjust the time because my weather station is
        unable to synchronize itself with DCF77-signal. This is because the
        Frankfurt (Germany) transmitter is about 1,500 km away from my
        location and all the surrounding exterior walls are so thick, they
        block the signal completely. If I really want to get a signal
        reception, it's only during the night if the weather station is
        relocated to my bedroom window.

        Best Regards,
        Juha
      • jjantti2
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 9, 2005
          <wuhu_software@y...> wrote:

          > Juha,
          >
          > I have created a new version of the history file uploader
          > (version 2).
          >
          > This will subtract your local time offset from the timestamps (in
          > history.dat) to create a UTC time stamp.
          >
          > Hopefully this will address the problem.
          >
          > If you could peform a few uploads (hit cancel after it uploads a few
          > records) and let me know the starting time and date of your
          > history.dat records (probably by reviewing the history in
          > Heavyweather), we can check out the results at WU.

          Thanks! I'll give it try as soon as I locate any missing weather data
          from my site. I'll report the date and time here.

          Best Regards,
          Juha