Re: HistoryToWU.exe WS36xx history.dat uploader.

    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 8, 2005
      Scratch that...

      The current assumption is that the timestamps in history.dat are UTC
      timestamps, not local timestamps.

      If these timestamps are local, then a bias must be added to the
      timestamps to compensate.

      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 8, 2005
        Juha,

        I have created a new version of the history file uploader (version 2).

        This will subtract your local time offset from the timestamps (in
        history.dat) to create a UTC time stamp.

        Hopefully this will address the problem.

        If you could peform a few uploads (hit cancel after it uploads a few
        records) and let me know the starting time and date of your history.dat
        records (probably by reviewing the history in Heavyweather), we can
        check out the results at WU.

        Thanks.
      • jjantti2
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 9, 2005
          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "wuhu_software" > same

          > Do we know the date that your history.dat file was created?

          Oops, my bad. Sure. I do know the exact date and time of the
          history.dat file's creation.

          The part I forgot to mention was that I had a thought, that WU would
          replace the old weather data with the one being uploaded by
          HistoryToWU.exe, but apparently I was mistaking.

          > By the way, is your time zone 3 hours from UTC time (coordinated
          > universal time)?

          No. Officially it's +2 hours, but my time zone differs according to
          Daylight Time change. In Daylight time, we drift +3 hours from UTC and
          in Standard Time, +2 hours.

          I have to manually adjust the time because my weather station is
          unable to synchronize itself with DCF77-signal. This is because the
          Frankfurt (Germany) transmitter is about 1,500 km away from my
          location and all the surrounding exterior walls are so thick, they
          block the signal completely. If I really want to get a signal
          reception, it's only during the night if the weather station is
          relocated to my bedroom window.

          Best Regards,
          Juha
        • jjantti2
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 9, 2005
            <wuhu_software@y...> wrote:

            > Juha,
            >
            > I have created a new version of the history file uploader
            > (version 2).
            >
            > This will subtract your local time offset from the timestamps (in
            > history.dat) to create a UTC time stamp.
            >
            > Hopefully this will address the problem.
            >
            > If you could peform a few uploads (hit cancel after it uploads a few
            > records) and let me know the starting time and date of your
            > history.dat records (probably by reviewing the history in
            > Heavyweather), we can check out the results at WU.

            Thanks! I'll give it try as soon as I locate any missing weather data
            from my site. I'll report the date and time here.

            Best Regards,
            Juha