Re: HistoryToWU.exe WS36xx history.dat uploader.

    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 8, 2005
      Juha,

      Another thought I had.

      What if the timestamp in history.dat is already a UTC time stamp.

      If we treat this is local time (which is currently the case), and then
      call a function that computes UTC time, then the computed time would be
      off by offset from local time to UTC time.

      That might explain the problem.

      Just for kicks, I will create another version of the history upload to
      test that theory.

      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 8, 2005
        Scratch that...

        The current assumption is that the timestamps in history.dat are UTC
        timestamps, not local timestamps.

        If these timestamps are local, then a bias must be added to the
        timestamps to compensate.

        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 8, 2005
          Juha,

          I have created a new version of the history file uploader (version 2).

          This will subtract your local time offset from the timestamps (in
          history.dat) to create a UTC time stamp.

          Hopefully this will address the problem.

          If you could peform a few uploads (hit cancel after it uploads a few
          records) and let me know the starting time and date of your history.dat
          records (probably by reviewing the history in Heavyweather), we can
          check out the results at WU.

          Thanks.
        • jjantti2
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 9, 2005
            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "wuhu_software" > same

            > Do we know the date that your history.dat file was created?

            Oops, my bad. Sure. I do know the exact date and time of the
            history.dat file's creation.

            The part I forgot to mention was that I had a thought, that WU would
            replace the old weather data with the one being uploaded by
            HistoryToWU.exe, but apparently I was mistaking.

            > By the way, is your time zone 3 hours from UTC time (coordinated
            > universal time)?

            No. Officially it's +2 hours, but my time zone differs according to
            Daylight Time change. In Daylight time, we drift +3 hours from UTC and
            in Standard Time, +2 hours.

            I have to manually adjust the time because my weather station is
            unable to synchronize itself with DCF77-signal. This is because the
            Frankfurt (Germany) transmitter is about 1,500 km away from my
            location and all the surrounding exterior walls are so thick, they
            block the signal completely. If I really want to get a signal
            reception, it's only during the night if the weather station is
            relocated to my bedroom window.

            Best Regards,
            Juha
          • jjantti2
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 9, 2005
              <wuhu_software@y...> wrote:

              > Juha,
              >
              > I have created a new version of the history file uploader
              > (version 2).
              >
              > This will subtract your local time offset from the timestamps (in
              > history.dat) to create a UTC time stamp.
              >
              > Hopefully this will address the problem.
              >
              > If you could peform a few uploads (hit cancel after it uploads a few
              > records) and let me know the starting time and date of your
              > history.dat records (probably by reviewing the history in
              > Heavyweather), we can check out the results at WU.

              Thanks! I'll give it try as soon as I locate any missing weather data
              from my site. I'll report the date and time here.

              Best Regards,
              Juha