Re: [wuhu_software_group] Rapid Fire Beda Questions

  • John Celenza
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 10 6:07 PM
      Hello Deborah,

      Good questions! :-)

      I think the beta period will end when I feel enough of the bugs are squashed.  Currently, there is a nasty daily summary bug I can't seem to nail down.

      Also, things like not being able to choose the background image make the product beta too :-)  I'd guess a few more months.

      :-) :-) :-)

      -John

      On 7/10/06, Deborah Kee <debkee@...> wrote:

      I'm just wondering, how long Rapid Fire on WU will be in beta? And what is the plan of use after the beta period? I'm simply curious. I mean, I realize the data is being seen on weather pages in general, but I'm wondering if the individual station pages will be used differently. The flash feature is awesome ... will the background pics become user-chosen? Will the flash be incorporated in to the main weather pages?

      Just a few questions from your resident nosey WU neighbor.  :-)

      ~ Deborah

      John Celenza
      Director of Weather Technology
      Phone (415) 543-5022 x105
      FAX   (415) 543-5044
      john@...
    • Deborah Kee
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 10 6:48 PM
        Thanks John! It's come such a long way and presents so well ... I didn't realize there was a daily summary bug behind the scenes there.

        To be honest, I'm so excited about being part of the Rapid Fire, along with the Streaming Audio ... well, it's just really cool. I want everyone to be able to access the great stuff! I wouldn't make a good programmer - not enough patience.  :-)

        I appreciate the info, John. Thanks again!

        ~ Deborah