Re: [wuhu_software_group] problem with wuhu139_16

  • H. Smith
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2005
      Miguel,

      I did not think you had a problem with the 16 bit versions.

      I will make one and upload it for you.

      Thanks.

      Miguel <ai4em@...> wrote:
      Well, it opens up and it goes to 100% and after that nothing else
      happened?? what happened to the 32bit ones??

      Miguel

    • Miguel
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2005
        well, after 3 minutes then it started to work,, it was a delay but I
        manage to install it and its working,,

        thanks

        miguel

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "H. Smith"
        <wuhu_software@y...> wrote:

        > Miguel,
        >
        > I did not think you had a problem with the 16 bit versions.
        >
        > I will make one and upload it for you.
        >
        > Thanks.
        >
        > Miguel <ai4em@y...> wrote:
        > Well, it opens up and it goes to 100% and after that nothing else
        > happened?? what happened to the 32bit ones??
        >
        > Miguel

        > Weather stations Personal weather station

        Service.

        > ---------------------------------
        >

        > ---------------------------------

      • jjantti2
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2005
          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Miguel" <ai4em@y...> wrote:

          > well, after 3 minutes then it started to work,, it was a delay but I
          > manage to install it and its working,,

          The problem you described has the same characteristics as the problem
          I've encountered with a different program. It seemed to do nothing and
          in frustration, I started at least 10 more. You can guess my surprise,
          when 11 installation programs threw themselves open. :-)

          Well that was then... The culprit was my overzealous antivirus
          program. It was configured to check all packed files and the program
          hanged for several minutes trying to access a non standard cab-file.
          The time it was hanged, it was really doing nothing. My computer was
          only waiting for the scanner process to time out. Configuring the
          real-time scanner to ignore cab-files altoghether helped.

          Of course this may not be the case with your computer. There are many
          other factors like Windows Installer (if the installer program is
          using it) and other running programs (especially those in the system
          tray).

          Next time you install WUHU, try it with antivirus software's real-time
          (or on-access) scanner disabled and see if that has any effect.

          Best Regards,
          Juha