Shuttle/ISS Sighting

  • Deborah Kee
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2006
      To try and keep this somewhat weather related: the clouds were sparse and thin. But guys, I just got to see the Shuttle/ISS go by, and it was AWESOME!!! Lasted almost 3 minutes, and we could distinguish 2 very bright lights as it passed by. I'm tellin' ya, it was absolutely magnificent! I cannot get over how cool it was to stand in my own back yard and see it go by. We'll have another chance tomorrow night, but it won't seem to be as close over-head. But who cares? Tonights sighting was just  ...  just  .... well, awesome!!!

      ~ Deborah

    • Tek Roo
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7, 2006
        I got to see that a number of years ago while I was still living in England.  I was walking home from the pub when two bright lights slowly passed overhead.  On a hunch, I checked the NASA website, and sure enough, it was the recently undocked Atlantis and ISS.

        Quite cool!

        Richard