Broadcast Question - Peak Meter

  • Deborah Kee
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2006
      I'm having to set the slider all the way to the right in order to get the bars to reach between the -15 and -0 (not in the red at all). Is this normal for you guys that are broadcasting? My concern is for times when inclement weather is near, and the signal to my radio is a bit weaker. It sounds OK now ... the test will come during the next 4 days when we have some summer storms come through.

      When I had it plugged in to the mic jack (with the TAD bleed-over) I had to move the slider about 1/4th to the right to keep it out of the red. I'm using the Line-In jack now (with no bleed-over).

      Thoughts? Comments? Anyone else willing to say they don't know???   :-)

      ~ Deborah

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 3, 2006
        Deborah,
        The controls that I use in addition to th eslider on Oddcast is simply
        the weather radio itself.

        Perhaps if you increase the volume on the weather radio it increase
        the signal that you are broadcasting.

        Then you might have better control with the slider in Oddcast.

        Just a thought:>

        Steve
      • Deborah Kee

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 3, 2006
            Deborah,
            I wouldn't even think of tracking anyone else's "duh" moments, I have
            enough trouble keeping track of my own :>