Audio Streaming Project

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2006
      Just though I would mention what I found out about my state.
      In New Hampshire all Severe Thunderstorm and Tornado warnings are
      broadcast over all the towers in the state.
      So if there were someone from a different part of the state
      broadcasting, then the odds of both of us being down due to a storm
      is pretty slim.
      SO in the case of NH anyways, one more individual for a backup and
      the entire state is covered even in the event of a power failure due
      to a storm. Would be very reliable.
      WU would just need a way to determine that one station was not
      broadcasting and automaticall switch listeners to the alternate
      station.

      I found this out with a quick E-mail to my local NWS office. Maybe
      it would be a good idea to find out how many other smaller states
      are handled in the same way. It would allow for good coverage with
      the minimal amount of participants needed.

      So, New Hampshire is covered from my broadcast, unless I am down.