Uploading to Wunderground

  • carlgenlnrt
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2006
      I have a La Crosse 2317 and Heavyweather Beta 2.0 on my computer.
      What do I need now to send my weather data to Wunderground?

      Thanks,
      Carl
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2006

        Carl,

        Firstly, you will need a Weather Underground account. If you do not have one, you will need to visit the main page and sign up.

        http://www.wunderground.com/

        Once you have a WU account, you will need to create a personal weather station account.  Click here to create one:

        http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/usersignup.asp

        The next step is to install the WUHU application.  On the download page, pick the version that is labeled (Current Version).

        The application is available here:

        http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/

        Un-zip the contents of the .zip file to a directory then run the Install.exe application contain within.

        Once installed, run the WUHU application (if you did not run it at the end of start-up).

        Fill in your WU account information.

        If you are running Beta, and it is generating the currdat.lst file in the C:\Heavyweather directory, you will probably be able to hit the start button at that time.

        Note that the application will install itself in the startup folder. When you re-boot, it will automatically minimize itself to the task bar. It will look like this:

        http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/Demos/Demo.htm

        There is a readme.txt file installed along with the application, it is located in Start/Programs/WUHU.

        If after reading the readme.txt you have more questions, post them here.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "carlgenlnrt" <carlgenlnrt@...> wrote:

        > I have a La Crosse 2317 and Heavyweather Beta 2.0 on my computer.
        > What do I need now to send my weather data to Wunderground?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Carl

      • carlgenlnrt
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2006
          Thanks for the information.

          Where on http://www.wunderground.com/ do I sign up for an account. I
          see where you do the second step for the personal weather station
          user sign up.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 2, 2006
            Carl,

            Near the upper left of the screen you will see a box for an email
            address and a password. Below that is a 'Sign-In' button. Click the
            Sign-In button, you will be presented with a new screen.

            On the next screen you will be asked if you are already a member.

            Below that message is the prompt to become a new member.