Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Something useful to do with your computer while monitoring weather.

  • Deborah Kee
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 6, 2006
      I know I'm behind on this subject . . . the last set of storms fried my floppy drive, so DaisyMae has been in the comp hospital the past 24+ hrs. I have her home now to backup all the important stuff before reformatting the HD. And adding more RAM when it comes in next week. I probably won't resume the @home program until after next week.

      Meanwhile, the team option is only if you want to form one and put everyone's collected accomplishments in to one report. I'd always done it independently since I didn't have a group to join (sound depressing, doesn't it???). It won't affect what data packet your system gets.

      I'm doing (or will resume doing) the folding@home which deals with diseases and such. I'm an RN by training so I guess I gravitate towards those types. But if the consensus here is to form a group and opt for a different effort, I'm game. Afterall, weather is my other passion, so weather related projects are of interest as well!

      ~ Deborah

      On 6/5/06, wuhu_software <wuhu_software@...> wrote:

      Steve,

      After installing the software, there was a prompt to enter the URL for
      the project.

      Below that is a link that pulls up a list of the available projects.

      I believe I clicked a project link, then copied the resulting URL and
      pasted it back in to the application.

      The climate model on I tried said that it could take a few weeks (on a
      PIII 800Mhz) to produce one unit of work. I think you might need a
      fairly high end machine to use that one.

      Let me know which project you think is interesting.