Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: dew pt low

  • matthew hepner
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 4, 2006
      it is a lacrosse 2310 and i got it about a year ago  i have the humidy tweaked already that was off and so was the temp about 4 months ago so i tweaked them. its the dew point that seems to be off the others are close not sure why the dew point is off and if ther is a way to fix it

      wuhu_software <wuhu_software@...> wrote:

      Mathew,

      It appears that your humidity readings are the root cause of the
      problem, do you currently use any humidity tweaks?

      If you have no humidity tweak, you could try my settings.

      Humdidity tweak, 0.2000, select "Use Origin of" checkbox, enter 60.0
      in the last field.

      The La Crosse humidity sensors are notorious for over and under
      reporting. I have noticed that some humidity sensors have a similar
      behavior while others behave differently. You may need to customize
      the tweak to find a "best-fit".

      This is a WS-23xx correct?

      Do you know if you have the newer model or the older one?

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, matthew hepner
      <mahep@...> wrote:

      > cw4679   is my id number on weather underground its kflfortm12
      > wuhu_software <wuhu_software@...> wrote:  Are you a CWOP member?
      >
      > If so, what is your CWOP ID?
      >
      > Thanks.
      >
      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "mahep" <mahep@> wrote:
      > >
      > >  i am haveing trouble with my dew point it is reading low. can
      any
      > one
      > > help me and tell me how to raise it up its reading really low
      about
      > 15
      > > points off thanks

      > Want more or less group messages (Special notices as a minimum)?

      > WUHU Download page:

      >         Personal weather station   Weather stations

      Service.

      http://mail.yahoo.com

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 4, 2006
        Mathew,

        If you click the "My weather QC charts" in the CWOP section of WUHU
        you will see that the last chart on the page is your humidity.

        The dewpoint calculation is a fairly complex non-linear calculation.
        A slight deviation in the humidity can create large changes in the
        dew point.

        The best thing I can suggest is to continue tweaking the humidity
        until you get reasonable results.

        <mahep@...> wrote:

        > it is a lacrosse 2310 and i got it about a year ago i have the
        humidy tweaked already that was off and so was the temp about 4
        months ago so i tweaked them. its the dew point that seems to be off
        the others are close not sure why the dew point is off and if ther is
        a way to fix it

        > wuhu_software <wuhu_software@...> wrote:
        > Mathew,
        >
        > It appears that your humidity readings are the root cause of the
        > problem, do you currently use any humidity tweaks?
        >
        > If you have no humidity tweak, you could try my settings.
        >
        > Humdidity tweak, 0.2000, select "Use Origin of" checkbox, enter
        60.0
        > in the last field.
        >
        > The La Crosse humidity sensors are notorious for over and under
        > reporting. I have noticed that some humidity sensors have a similar
        > behavior while others behave differently. You may need to customize
        > the tweak to find a "best-fit".
        >
        > This is a WS-23xx correct?
        >
        > Do you know if you have the newer model or the older one?
        >
        > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, matthew hepner
        > <mahep@> wrote:
        > >
        > > cw4679 is my id number on weather underground its kflfortm12
        > > wuhu_software <wuhu_software@> wrote: Are you a CWOP member?
        > >
        > > If so, what is your CWOP ID?
        > >
        > > Thanks.
        > >
        > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "mahep" <mahep@>
        wrote:

        > > > i am haveing trouble with my dew point it is reading low. can
        > any
        > > one
        > > > help me and tell me how to raise it up its reading really low
        > about
        > > 15
        > > > points off thanks

        > > Want more or less group messages (Special notices as a minimum)?

        > > WUHU Download page:

        > > Personal weather station Weather stations

        > Service.

        > > http://mail.yahoo.com

        > Want more or less group messages (Special notices as a minimum)?

        > WUHU Download page:

        > Personal weather station Weather stations

        Service.

        > http://mail.yahoo.com

      • matthew hepner
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 4, 2006
          ok thanks for your help i will try working on that throught out the day and night. also do you know where i would be able to get replacment sensorsfor a cheap deal  my wind sensor took a small hit during wilma last year thanks again for all the help

          http://mail.yahoo.com

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 4, 2006

            Mathew,

            I think someone found that www.provantage.com had good prices on replacement parts.