Re: dew pt low

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 4, 2006
      Are you a CWOP member?

      If so, what is your CWOP ID?

      Thanks.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "mahep" <mahep@...> wrote:

      > i am haveing trouble with my dew point it is reading low. can any
      one
      > help me and tell me how to raise it up its reading really low about
      15
      > points off thanks

    • matthew hepner
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 4, 2006
        cw4679   is my id number on weather underground its kflfortm12

        http://mail.yahoo.com

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 4, 2006
          Mathew,

          It appears that your humidity readings are the root cause of the
          problem, do you currently use any humidity tweaks?

          If you have no humidity tweak, you could try my settings.

          Humdidity tweak, 0.2000, select "Use Origin of" checkbox, enter 60.0
          in the last field.

          The La Crosse humidity sensors are notorious for over and under
          reporting. I have noticed that some humidity sensors have a similar
          behavior while others behave differently. You may need to customize
          the tweak to find a "best-fit".

          This is a WS-23xx correct?

          Do you know if you have the newer model or the older one?

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, matthew hepner
          <mahep@...> wrote:

          > cw4679 is my id number on weather underground its kflfortm12
          > wuhu_software <wuhu_software@...> wrote: Are you a CWOP member?
          >
          > If so, what is your CWOP ID?
          >
          > Thanks.
          >
          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "mahep" <mahep@> wrote:
          > >
          > > i am haveing trouble with my dew point it is reading low. can
          any
          > one
          > > help me and tell me how to raise it up its reading really low
          about
          > 15
          > > points off thanks

          > Want more or less group messages (Special notices as a minimum)?

          > WUHU Download page:

          > Personal weather station Weather stations

          Service.

          > http://mail.yahoo.com

        • matthew hepner
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 4, 2006
            it is a lacrosse 2310 and i got it about a year ago  i have the humidy tweaked already that was off and so was the temp about 4 months ago so i tweaked them. its the dew point that seems to be off the others are close not sure why the dew point is off and if ther is a way to fix it

            http://mail.yahoo.com

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 4, 2006
              Mathew,

              If you click the "My weather QC charts" in the CWOP section of WUHU
              you will see that the last chart on the page is your humidity.

              The dewpoint calculation is a fairly complex non-linear calculation.
              A slight deviation in the humidity can create large changes in the
              dew point.

              The best thing I can suggest is to continue tweaking the humidity
              until you get reasonable results.

              <mahep@...> wrote:

              > it is a lacrosse 2310 and i got it about a year ago i have the
              humidy tweaked already that was off and so was the temp about 4
              months ago so i tweaked them. its the dew point that seems to be off
              the others are close not sure why the dew point is off and if ther is
              a way to fix it

              > wuhu_software <wuhu_software@...> wrote:
              > Mathew,
              >
              > It appears that your humidity readings are the root cause of the
              > problem, do you currently use any humidity tweaks?
              >
              > If you have no humidity tweak, you could try my settings.
              >
              > Humdidity tweak, 0.2000, select "Use Origin of" checkbox, enter
              60.0
              > in the last field.
              >
              > The La Crosse humidity sensors are notorious for over and under
              > reporting. I have noticed that some humidity sensors have a similar
              > behavior while others behave differently. You may need to customize
              > the tweak to find a "best-fit".
              >
              > This is a WS-23xx correct?
              >
              > Do you know if you have the newer model or the older one?
              >
              > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, matthew hepner
              > <mahep@> wrote:
              > >
              > > cw4679 is my id number on weather underground its kflfortm12
              > > wuhu_software <wuhu_software@> wrote: Are you a CWOP member?
              > >
              > > If so, what is your CWOP ID?
              > >
              > > Thanks.
              > >
              > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "mahep" <mahep@>
              wrote:

              > > > i am haveing trouble with my dew point it is reading low. can
              > any
              > > one
              > > > help me and tell me how to raise it up its reading really low
              > about
              > > 15
              > > > points off thanks

              > > Want more or less group messages (Special notices as a minimum)?

              > > WUHU Download page:

              > > Personal weather station Weather stations

              > Service.

              > > http://mail.yahoo.com

              > Want more or less group messages (Special notices as a minimum)?

              > WUHU Download page:

              > Personal weather station Weather stations

              Service.

              > http://mail.yahoo.com

            • matthew hepner
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 4, 2006
                ok thanks for your help i will try working on that throught out the day and night. also do you know where i would be able to get replacment sensorsfor a cheap deal  my wind sensor took a small hit during wilma last year thanks again for all the help

                http://mail.yahoo.com

                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 4, 2006

                  Mathew,

                  I think someone found that www.provantage.com had good prices on replacement parts.