Re: Serial port working but not working

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
      Ron,
      I have no clue what's up. Like I mentioned in my case it's not the
      cable because it works on my old PC and on my work laptop.
      Wouldn't ya know it, we had more rain last night and more due today
      and off & on all weekend. My WU graphs will be all wrong.
      On a good note, at least this weekend I should be able to upload if I
      load WUHU on the laptop.

      Steve
    • Marion C. Maher
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
        How about trying a "hard boot"?  Turn everything off and take all the batteries out for at least 30 seconds, then turn on the computer and go through the setup process again for your console.  Sometimes that clears up problems, although you will loose stored data in the console if you do not have another way to back it up.

        It's a thought anyway, and it might work.

        Marion
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
          Thanks Marion,

          I tried that last night but still no communication from Console to
          PC.

          I called La Crosse and they said to send it in but I would like to
          try another cable if I can find one.

          Ron

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Marion C. Maher"

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
            Well,
            In my case it definetly appears to be the Serial card.
            I just got my uploads going on my laptop and am currently uploading
            to WU and CWOP and AWEKAS.

            Only temporary though for the weekend.
            I was not able to find a new card withing 60 miles of here, so I am
            ordering one online.

            It appears that serial cards are easily damaged by the electrical
            discharge from lightning even if there are no direct hits. They
            actually sell a serial surge protector that you put inline just
            before the serial cable is attached to the computer.
            Some have homemade lightning protectors.

            Good to be back uploading if only for a couple days.

            Next problem is my webcam upload. The last 3 days you can not access
            it thru the web page, Says I am offline, but I am not and all
            systems look fine at this end. I think they may have a problem at
            Yahoo or Geocities. I have send an e-mail, but do not expect a quick
            reply.
            Will be great when WU gets there webcam system up and running.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
              One minor problem. I get a zero indoor humidity reading a few times
              since I fired it up. I have the auto correct on, so not a big problem.