Re: What a coincidence??

  • Ron W
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2006
      I just hooked up a GPS unit to my serial port and the serial port is
      working. At least the computer and GPS unit are talking to each
      other through the serial port.

      So now how do I get the computer to talk to the console?

      Ron
      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Ron W" <jeffrondee@...>

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1, 2006
        Ron,
        I can not believe that we both had the same problem at almost the same
        time of day.

        Anyone know how to get to my WU data while I am not uploading. I am no
        longer listed.

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 1, 2006
          Ron,
          I tried my Garmin and it looked like it was talking, said it was
          acquiring, so I tried the WS2310 again and no joy. I plugged the
          Garmin back in and stuck it out the window to actually get a real
          signal, this time it said it couldn't even open the port. Put the
          Console serial plug back on my old machine and it works fine.
          I just have no way to test WUHU, but I would think if it works for HW
          it will work for WUHU. I will call Radio Shack tomorrow and if they
          have a PCI Serial card I will pick one up, my guess is that they will
          not have one and I will have to order online and wait a week to get it.

          Steve
        • Ron W
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 2, 2006
            Well now you got me curious. All I did was plug my Garmin into the
            PC port and the computer read the information off of my Garmin. I
            didn't try to load any information into the GPS though.

            I guess the next thing to try in my case is a new PC cable.

            Ron