Re: What a coincidence??

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2006
      Ron,
      I don't know alot about this, but one place you can go is to the
      Control Panel, Systems, Hardware, Device manager, then find the device
      you are using. If you are using Serial, look for the serial device and
      click on it. In the middle of the dialog box that pops up should tell
      you the status of the device.
      However, Mine said it was working OK, but it was not.
      I was fortunate to have my son's computer that we just set up
      yesterday. I was able to install the PCI serial port card in his
      computer and discovered it did not workl there either.
      My conclusion is that the card is fried. Maybe not !!! That's the best
      I can come up with.
      I tried HW on my laptop and it worked and I just fired up my old 98
      machine, I retreived from the barn and I am OK with Heavy weather, but
      WUHU will not run on 98.
      So I am basicall down as far as WU & CWOP.
      So Sad!!!
      Steve
    • Ron W
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1, 2006
        Thanks Steve,

        I'm going to try and trouble shoot the serial port to see what gives.

        Ron

        <steve_03222@...> wrote:

        > Ron,
        > I don't know alot about this, but one place you can go is to the
        > Control Panel, Systems, Hardware, Device manager, then find the
        device
        > you are using. If you are using Serial, look for the serial device
        and
        > click on it. In the middle of the dialog box that pops up should
        tell
        > you the status of the device.
        > However, Mine said it was working OK, but it was not.
        > I was fortunate to have my son's computer that we just set up
        > yesterday. I was able to install the PCI serial port card in his
        > computer and discovered it did not workl there either.
        > My conclusion is that the card is fried. Maybe not !!! That's the
        best
        > I can come up with.
        > I tried HW on my laptop and it worked and I just fired up my old
        98
        > machine, I retreived from the barn and I am OK with Heavy weather,
        but
        > WUHU will not run on 98.
        > So I am basicall down as far as WU & CWOP.
        > So Sad!!!
        > Steve

      • Ron W
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 1, 2006
          I just hooked up a GPS unit to my serial port and the serial port is
          working. At least the computer and GPS unit are talking to each
          other through the serial port.

          So now how do I get the computer to talk to the console?

          Ron
          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Ron W" <jeffrondee@...>

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 1, 2006
            Ron,
            I can not believe that we both had the same problem at almost the same
            time of day.

            Anyone know how to get to my WU data while I am not uploading. I am no
            longer listed.

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 1, 2006
              Ron,
              I tried my Garmin and it looked like it was talking, said it was
              acquiring, so I tried the WS2310 again and no joy. I plugged the
              Garmin back in and stuck it out the window to actually get a real
              signal, this time it said it couldn't even open the port. Put the
              Console serial plug back on my old machine and it works fine.
              I just have no way to test WUHU, but I would think if it works for HW
              it will work for WUHU. I will call Radio Shack tomorrow and if they
              have a PCI Serial card I will pick one up, my guess is that they will
              not have one and I will have to order online and wait a week to get it.

              Steve
            • Ron W
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 2, 2006
                Well now you got me curious. All I did was plug my Garmin into the
                PC port and the computer read the information off of my Garmin. I
                didn't try to load any information into the GPS though.

                I guess the next thing to try in my case is a new PC cable.

                Ron