Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: weather cameras

  • blkguy@schaka1.us
    Message 1 of 10 , May 29, 2006
      Steve there are java programs that let you show "live" video on a web site. Actually it is a series of stills. The faster the uplink, the more pix shown in a given time simulaing motion

      Message 2 of 10 , May 29, 2006
        I currently have a webpage at geocities and the only way I can find
        to get my webcam video on there is through Yahoo messenger webcam.
        Like I mentioned it does work, you can see the video, just isn't
        very clear. I have "where's James" and the software from the webcam,
        but there is no way that I can find to send the video to the free
        website.
        My other option for a free webpage is thru Verizon, but all I could
        find to do on theirs was to use some pretty basic templates.

        Hey here is an idea. Is there a way to host a site that would be for
        members of this group? And allow us all to have our own personal
        weather home page with which we could upload weather data and live
        weathercam pictures. Could it be set up so that any of us regardless
        of expertise could get their page working?
        I would participate and do what ever I could to get it going, I just
        do not have the experience to get something like this started.

        Steve

        Message 3 of 10 , May 29, 2006
          I too would love to be able to broadcast the wild life in my back
          yard. Bear, Deer, Moose, Turkey, Fox, Possum,birds,various rodents
          Etc. A remote would be perfect and by the way, while dreaming lets add
          night vision also.

          Steve

          <Steve, the wireless webcam is one of my dreams! There's a stand of
          woods about 1/4 mile from me. There's an open field in front of these
          woods where deer graze! Clearly visible from my house....too far for a
          nice webcam shot on a web site>
        • Alan Steremberg
          Message 4 of 10 , May 29, 2006
            Hi,

            We are working on the webcam upload hosting issue..

            Alan

            --
            Alan Steremberg
            Weather Underground