Re: weather cameras

    Message 1 of 10 , May 29 6:08 AM
      The pan zoom are awesome. I ran across one in my State awhile ago. Had
      touch pad control for the user as well as a grid layout that provided
      a quick pan to a preset location with one click. It also had preset
      locations by name, for instance; If you clicked on "thermometer" it
      would pan to the thermoter and then autonmatically zoom in so that you
      could read it.
      Really awesome.

      The other issue is what to do with the webcam video once you get it. I
      still have not found a free or real cheap way to get a good live
      webcam picture online. Best I can figure is that I would have to pay
      for a webpage, then do something to my computer to make it a server
      and then upload from there.

      What I currently use if all free, so I can not complain.

      Steve
    • blkguy@schaka1.us
      Message 2 of 10 , May 29 6:14 AM
        Steve there are java programs that let you show "live" video on a web site. Actually it is a series of stills. The faster the uplink, the more pix shown in a given time simulaing motion

        The pan zoom are awesome. I ran across one in my State awhile ago. Had
        touch pad control for the user as well as a grid layout that provided
        a quick pan to a preset location with one click. It also had preset
        locations by name, for instance; If you clicked on "thermometer" it
        would pan to the thermoter and then autonmatically zoom in so that you
        could read it.
        Really awesome.

        The other issue is what to do with the webcam video once you get it. I
        still have not found a free or real cheap way to get a good live
        webcam picture online. Best I can figure is that I would have to pay
        for a webpage, then do something to my computer to make it a server
        and then upload from there.

        What I currently use if all free, so I can not complain.

        Steve

        To visit your group on the web, go to:

        WUHU Download page:
        http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/

        Personal weather stationWeather stations

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        Message 3 of 10 , May 29 6:51 AM
          I currently have a webpage at geocities and the only way I can find
          to get my webcam video on there is through Yahoo messenger webcam.
          Like I mentioned it does work, you can see the video, just isn't
          very clear. I have "where's James" and the software from the webcam,
          but there is no way that I can find to send the video to the free
          website.
          My other option for a free webpage is thru Verizon, but all I could
          find to do on theirs was to use some pretty basic templates.

          Hey here is an idea. Is there a way to host a site that would be for
          members of this group? And allow us all to have our own personal
          weather home page with which we could upload weather data and live
          weathercam pictures. Could it be set up so that any of us regardless
          of expertise could get their page working?
          I would participate and do what ever I could to get it going, I just
          do not have the experience to get something like this started.

          Steve

          Message 4 of 10 , May 29 6:55 AM
            I too would love to be able to broadcast the wild life in my back
            yard. Bear, Deer, Moose, Turkey, Fox, Possum,birds,various rodents
            Etc. A remote would be perfect and by the way, while dreaming lets add
            night vision also.

            Steve

            <Steve, the wireless webcam is one of my dreams! There's a stand of
            woods about 1/4 mile from me. There's an open field in front of these
            woods where deer graze! Clearly visible from my house....too far for a
            nice webcam shot on a web site>
          • Alan Steremberg
            Message 5 of 10 , May 29 8:18 AM
              Hi,

              We are working on the webcam upload hosting issue..

              Alan

              --
              Alan Steremberg
              Weather Underground