Re: WS36xx history.dat file.

  • jjantti2
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 18, 2005
      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "stevech" <stevech@s...>
      wrote:
      > Re resetting rainfall totals... I wonder if their thinking is that
      > you start a new history file and that file starts with an implied
      > zero in rainfall total. There is a place to define the file name for
      > the history data.

      Well, for my part making a new history file will only come in question
      on 01.01.2006 the earliest. Interesting thing is that I was able to
      zero the rainfall total from the weather station, but the weekly rain
      value just doesn't go anywhere no matter how many times I attempt to
      clear the record.

      > Memory leak... hmmm is all I can say.

      I think (and hope) that La Crosse is aware of the possibility of that
      and considering releasing an updated version of the program with the
      problem fixed.

      > So the sensing and toggling of these lines every few
      > seconds is why HeavyWeather is such a CPU hog. For that
      > reason alone, I don't want it running all the time.

      Good point, especially if you do something else with the computer and
      don't want any slowdowns. I'm getting 10-25% CPU usage spikes when HW
      communicates with the station, but I don't consider that very high. I
      have changed the priority of HW from Normal to Above Normal so that no
      interruption in communication would occur if another (Normal priority)
      process takes most of the processing power.

      Regards,
      Juha